Opinion on the New Toshiba Tecra M4?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Brian, May 27, 2005.

1. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We received this question via email:

"Dear all, Can you please give me your opinion on the new Toshiba Tecra M4. Is this a good machine for the price or are there better tablet-PCs on the market in this price range? THank you very much for your assistance!

Stefan"

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's pretty solid for the spec in my view, but it depends on your needs. Please give a little more detail there.

3. stephenpasquini

stephenpasquini Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a Tecra M4 I have had it for about 3 days now. I was waiting and checking this website everyday for a full review but none ever came, so I just decided to bite the bullet and drop the dough. I had been searching for a long time to find the right PC and decided to go tablet. I have no regrets. I use a Palm handheld everyday, I love coputing by touch. The M4 was my dream machine, finally a computer with all the specs and a Tablet to boot. I love the screen it is bright and beatuifl, it is fast, needs more RAM and I plan on upgrading it to 1G since I like to use my graphics programs. I would say my only complaint is regarding the heat and the weight, both drawbacks, but for a fast machine with great specs and a big ol' screen it is well worth it. I would say if you have any doubt go for it, you won't look back. if you don't care about the dual dvd burner, the dedicated video, the faster hard drive, RAM and 3 year as apposed to standard 1 year warranty then maybe the R15 is for you but given the upgrade and the price I think this is a better deal!!!!

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member