openCanvas 5.5 Toolbar (Inspired from Photoshop toolbar thread) - NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Software' started by basicleader, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basicleader

basicleader Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, it does work this way, so it's still easy to use like this^^

Edit: Here are the fixes I had to do to make it work on XP:

I started the script by winshow, followed straight by winmove out of the screen. It blinks quickly and disappears when you start the script, neat enough.

I also had to get rid of the setwindelay 0 line for the handtool and resize brush buttons to work.

And after drawing for a while yesterday, I actually found out that the rotation button are already assigned to F11 and F12, so I will add them to my toolbar! =D

As well as just a New File, Open, Save as, and Exit button (to close down both oC and the toolbar).

I'll add the code in here!

Edit : Last toolbar added in the first post!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey this looks great! Congratulations! And your explanations in the first post are very clear. All your hard work has clearly paid off. I'll link to it in the Photoshop toolbar thread.

Maybe a couple more suggestions:
    - You could put the icon in the same folder as all the other images (might be less confusing for the first-time users)
    - Since your toolbar doesn't depend on anything external, you could compile it and also offer the compiled exe versions (you could compile both a 32 and 64 bit version, from a 32 and a 64 bit computer). While a compiled toolbar still needs all the image files, it would mean that the users wouldn't have to install AHK to use your toolbar.

3. basicleader

basicleader Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh! Thanks for the info lblb! I will do that this week-end and update it!!! =)

EDIT: stand-alone version uploaded!!! Thank you !!! I posted a picture of it with a link to this topic on the openCanvas community website! Hopefully, more people will be able to try it out, and why not keep using it! =D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.