Onyx Boox Note Air - e-ink tablet with Wacom EMR

Discussion in 'eReaders' started by JoeS, Jan 16, 2021.

1. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

I was reminiscing about my previous e-ink tablets/ereaders and came across an old 2010 pic of my collection at that time.

946850E4-C53C-4C2B-87E3-F6176AEF3153.jpeg

Clockwise from top-left: Kindle 2, iRex DR800SG (8.1”), Cybook Gen3 (my first), and the enTourage eDGe. The iRex & eDGe came with an EMR pen, the latter with silo. The iRex was my favorite but, like all but the Kindle, you could only sideload ebooks and PDFs. I went all-in with Kindle, devices and apps, going forward after several ebook stores suddenly shut down and I lost access to many ebooks (a handful transferred to Barnes & Noble).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Kumabjorn, JoeS and Marty like this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I had that old Kindle 2 too. Actually I bought the first Kindle but Amazon released the 2 just a week after receiving mine. I contacted them and asked if I could switch despite being in Sweden. No problem, had a new one within a week and returned the old one. Kind of make you a loyal customer.

JoeS and dellaster like this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Had missed this thread and it’s devices. Thanks for catching me up.

JoeS likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The Nova 3 looks tempting. Da** you all.

JoeS and dellaster like this.
  5. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

JoeS and violajack like this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Random observation: before I was in the camp "what's the point of making the device so thin if it's going to heavier than the thicker Note Pro 3". Today I noticed that the very low profile and smooth sides make it quite nice to write on while it's laying flat on a desk. No annoying sharp edge digging in your hand and messing with your writing motion.

WillAdams and Steve B like this.
  7. JoeS

For those still considering buying the Note Air, Techradar posted a nice review of the Note Air. No surprises here, just a nice write-up. Just don't click buy until after the March 6 Boox announcement of their likely 7.8" color e-ink reader.

8. QuillBoox

QuillBoox Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi to all, I have been a very happy owner of a Boox Note Air for a few weeks, also thanks to your advices...at the time of purchase I had found a paper feeling film created specifically for the Boox Note Air but, unfortunately, I can no longer find the link. I seem to remember it was produced by Doodroo but I'm probably wrong since there is no trace of it on their website. Do anyone know a pre-cut paper feeling film for the Boox Note Air who wants to recommend me?

JoeS likes this.
  9. JoeS

I don't know the answer, but while you look for it experiment with different pens if you can. As I posted earlier, I love the feel of an old Wacom pen that I still had, even without any screen protector on that Air.

You could also ask this question on Reddit, there's a reasonably active Boox community.

QuillBoox and Bronsky like this.
  10. QuillBoox

QuillBoox Pen Pal - Newbie

Agree...Boox Air pen was abandoned from the first day that I’ve received the Lamy EMR+felt tips...

And...Yup!
    Reddit made the trick!
    https://www.doodroo.com/it/collections/onyx-boox/products/screen-protector-for-book-note-air

Already on the way!
    Thanks a lot!!!

JoeS likes this.