Only Sketchbook Pro has brush lag. Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Steve B, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Hi,

After many google searches, I'm stumped on this.

So, recently, for no reason that I can see, Sketchbook Pro 2010 suddenly has terrible terrible brush lag, and ONLY Sketchbook Pro 2010. Artrage and Painter 11 both work fine. Paint Tool Sai as well. But SKP is my preferred sketching app, and this has been sort of crippling. It's always worked before, and I don't know why it's doing this..... I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but that didn't seem to do anything. I turned off "press to right click" and that didn't do anything either. I turned off Stroke It, just in case. What's strange is that it's always worked great, so I don't see why it would suddenly stop.

I did recently install Painter 12 and Paint Tool Sai, but I don't see why that would affect SKP.

Does it seem worth it to do a system restore to the previous week or two, just to see if it works itself back out? Does anyone else have any tips?

2. Steve B

Tried a system restore to a few days ago. Nada. Tired out TabTip Tamer, but it didn't do anything either. Perhaps I was missing some files when I uninstalled it? And I need to uninstall it again and then fish out some stuff that's left over?

edit:

God d*mn rotate canvas feature. Finally figured out the right google search to use. Saw post with similar problems. I'd forgotten that I'd tried that feature recently. Turned it off, restarted, and presto! It works.

Now if only I could get that hour and a half of my life back.... ::sigh::

Koryand'R likes this.
  3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I see you finally gave in, you have a sig now :)
    I need to shorten mine up some :p

EDIT: looks like I took to long to post; glad to see it is working though

4. Steve B

LOL re: the sig. Yes, I've become a tablet nerd. Time to show my credentials. ::chuckle::

5. Steve B

Hey, just wanted to mention in case someone else finds this-- I downloaded and am now using on my x200t the newer Asus drivers for the ep121-- ISD DualTouch 702-21 . You can find it in the ep121 forum in the Wacom driver thread I believe. The news? All the crazy lag I was experiencing in SBP 2011 when using the puck to resize "stamp" brushes is gone.

This is great news, as it was essentially keeping me from migrating to 2011 all the way. Now, I'm most likely just sell SBP 2010. 2011 is better in so many ways (more layer controls, etc), but not being able to smoothly resize stuff was killing my work flow. All gone now! And pen action is super smooth.

If you haven't gotten or tried out this driver, you should make a restore point and give it a shot. I've been very happy with them. A very nice improvement from the stock available drivers on the Wacom website.

6. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

SteveB
    Would you be able to provide a link for the Wacom driver?
    cheers

7. Steve B

They have it in the Asus ep121 forum. It's in the Wacom driver thread. It's the stickied thread at the top. I had to scroll through its many pages to get to it. Somewhere in the middle. They have a hot link to it there though, as I remember. I'd check there first.