onenote vs. gobinder

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by skisteven1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SebastianK

SebastianK Pen Pal - Newbie

The same in germany: your prices are only a dream for us :mad:

Example. take amazon- the .com and .de websites:

MS Office Pro:
    US-price: 429,99 USD
    German price: 548,89 EUR = about 717,- USD

Outlook 2007:
    US-Prize at amazon: 89,99 USD
    German price in amazon.de: 118,89 EUR = 154,- USD
    (the SAME english version! 60$ difference)

I suppose no one can explain almost 300,- USD difference with office - how could they do explaining why the same software with the same language has to be more expensive here :rolleyes:

And you wonder why I am not able to see any tablet in the stores here :D

2. andrezo

andrezo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

One question: In Gobinder I can annotate pdf's, PowerPoint files, doc's, etc, directly with the pen. I only have to import them and transform the files to a Gobinder file type.
    How can I annotate files directly in OneNote 2007?
    I can insert the files in to an OneNote page but when I click on them the application that produced the files (Acrobat, PowerPoint) appears.

Thanks for your help.

3. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

you print them like you would with gobinder. then you just set it to background and draw over it.

4. andrezo

andrezo Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok. I get it. I use the OneNote printer.
    So do you think OneNote 2007 is better then GoBinder 2006?

If I may: are you satisfied with your T4220?

Thanks again for your answer.

5. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

Well, I like printing things out so my major focus of switching from gobinder was the fact that onenote 2007's printing is still significantly better than gobinder's although gobinder had a calendar. Onenote also has the nifty feature of an immediate switch to ink as soon as you start writing, and a switch back when typing. So yes, I think Onenote 2007 is better. As for the T4220, it is awesomely convenient.

6. cavusogk

cavusogk Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having a sort of serious problem with gobinder. I wonder whether anyone can help me here. I was trying gobinder for annotating office documents about my lectures. I liked it kind of better than one note mostly because it imports the documents in pages which is more intuitive for me than the onenotes way of making them all one long paper roll. my disappointment with gobinder was about pdf files. I would also like to annottate pdf files on gobinder hence avoid spending money on an extra program but the results were dreadful, where as onenote is quite successful in importing pdf files qualitywise although documents seem to lost proportions. I tried to contact gobinder support about the issue thinking maybe I was doing something wrong but I am getting no reply, which makes me think that this product is already abondoned. Stupidly enough my trial period expired in the mean time and I cannot get my notes out of gobinder :(

1. am I the only one experiencing very low quality pdf imports in gobinder?
    2. after the lack of support I have faced I really dont feel like buying the product but I want to be able to save my notes, how can I do that?

thanks in advance for all advice

all the best

7. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

It looks as if Agilix have completely given up on GoBinder. They have decided to fpcus on other areas and technologies. It would therefore be hard to recommend this product, even if it wasn't as buggy as it is. I would prefer to use GoBinder but as it is I have been using OneNote and Evernote.

Gordon

8. cavusogk

cavusogk Pen Pal - Newbie

I have tried to reach out every email (well not that much) related to gobinder for support at least three times but received no reply. I dont understand how do they justify selling a product they are not backing up anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can save my files from Gobinder. I had some important lecture notes now I need to rewrite them in another program but I cannot display the to start with since my trial period is over.

9. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Can you uninstall and still keep the files? If so try an uninstall and reinstall. That may not work if they hide the trial expiration dates.

Another suggestion would be to us a VM. If your using Vista Business or above, it is available free from MS - called Virtual PC. I think it works on XP Pro too. You can also get VMware free. Create a new virtual machine, install your OS to it and then install the gobinder trial to the virtual machine. It should hide the fact that you used the trial - unless that info is in the gobinder files themselves.

10. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

If you have access to another computer for a bit you could install the trial, copy over the GoBinder database and open it on the other machine. Then you could print the pages out you need. Or if you are desperate you could back every thing up, do a full restore on your computer. You would then be able to use the trial again.

Gordon