Onenote use

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sirjaume, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

Ive got a question about Onenote.I am newbie in that program.
    I would like to know if its posible to open any kind of document like word or txt or pdf with onenote and the use the program to underline ,add notes,etc.\
    is that possible?thanks a lot!

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You can't use onenote to open these programs, but you can print them into onenote using the virtual printer feature "Print to Onenote".

In Word you can mark up word documents by default, if you're using Word 2007 click on the review tab, then start inking and you can customize your pen from there.

If you want to mark up PDF's consider investing in a program like PDF Annotator, or Bluebeam PDF Review and i think both have educational pricing.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Not exactly, but you can print to Onenote and do all that stuff, but you won't be able to bring those changes back into Word.

4. csz

csz Pen Pal - Newbie

You can export things from OneNote to Microsoft Word, just go to Save As..
    Although I don't know if all the ink and pen-changes will keep.. you can give it a try

Attached Files:

5. randmc

randmc Pen Pal - Newbie

by 'changes into word', do you mean you can no longer edit it/add typing in microsoft word? only print from onenote?

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

when you print to onenote, and use onenote to markup a document, it changes the format, the word document is now on a lines notepaper sheet and when it is resaved as a word document, the ink is not in sync w/ the text of the original document it appears below.

The ink is now non editable. It behaves as a picture file.

If you need to mark up word documents I think you are much better off using the review tool in word 2007.

7. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

One thing to be aware of when inking in Word - the position of the ink changes depending on the view your in. I added ink in the 'reading pane' view (the default when opening a document from Outlook, etc.) but after going back to page layout view found it wasn't properly lined up (Word even warned me about this as I exited reading pane view), so be careful to ink in page layout so when you send it to other people or print it the ink appears correctly.

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Also, if you ink directly in Word, you'll probably screw up the location of the annotations if you try to go back and type more. Something about insertion points I think...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.