OneNote Problems

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by ThomasJ, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenarelJAM

jenarelJAM Scribbler - Standard Member

My issue is a little strange.

Sometimes when I'm writing a lot on a page (A4 size), filling it with math problems, for example, my notes "move" to another part of the page. This is really annoying because quite often they jump to a part with other writing on it, making both sets of writing incomprehensible. This usually happens most often when I have a LOT of lines on a single page. I'm not moving them myself. I'm just writing and writing and writing, and I look up and some of notes at the top of the page have jumped way over to the right, or down the page, or something.
    Any ideas?

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's normal. You have to live with it. It often happens after I've wrote a lot and then used the eraser or undid something.
    Just undo until you got the normal page and then write the rest again.

Well, OneNote is one of the worst coded programs I've ever used, sad that there's no real alternative available, so I'm forced to use it in some way. Maybe I'll use PDF Revu next semester to take my notes.

3. student54

student54 Pen Pal - Newbie

i copied this here from the first post on the forum:

has anyone had any problem with the ink "spiking" as you write in onenote?
    i'm using a m700, happens at least once or twice a lecture.
    by spiking i mean a spike in a particular letter that you write, usually running north-south on the screen if you look at it in laptop mode. its like the tablet picks up a pen an inch away from where i'm writing, then immediately riverts back to the actual pen position. then it effectively "joins the dots" between these three points. i've disabled the touchscreen but it still happens.

i think it's a similar problem to the one dk0r had, i tried turning down the double click tolerance, hopefully this will help.

4. student54

student54 Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the same problem, but if you use the lasso tool to delete, it generally happens a lot less.

5. ThomasJ

ThomasJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not quite sure what I did here, but any help in resoling this issue would be most appreciated.

Today I was moving some notes between notebooks in OneNote. Somehow I accidentally hit a combination of keys, and PRESTO! Suddenly the lines on the page were twice as close as they were before, and all my pages (and notes) in every notebook are about half the size they previously were. Any ideas on how to correct this problem? I'm sure there's a setting I can change, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

maybe you changed the zoom factor :p

Or what do you mean? Is only the ink affected or only the backgound or both? And you already checked the zoom? :)

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

go to format, rule lines & put it back to college rule.

8. ThomasJ

ThomasJ Pen Pal - Newbie

DUH. It was the zoom factor. Many thanks :)