OneNote Problems

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by ThomasJ, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rkbarms2k

Rkbarms2k Pen Pal - Newbie

Let me start by saying that I love this application. In the last few weeks, I have transferred all of my notes over into it and now I can't figure out how I was ever productive without it.

I take all of my class notes in outline form. The problem I'm having is that I hate OneNote's claustrophobic default 'vertical line spacing'. I spend an inordinate amount of time going through my notes and manually increasing this line spacing value manually for each page.

Does anyone know how (or if it is possible) to change this "vertical line spacing" default value globally and permantly?

If the option doesn't exist, that's fine. Someone can suggest it to the developers. But if a user has figured it out, please lend a hand.

Thank you.

2. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yes. go to view, the third option down says Ruled Lines. Enjoy. also, if that does not work go to view and open the task pane (ctrl+F1) and find the page set up. I swear you can edit the page design to the pixel with this. then, you save it as a page template. just make sure your page is cleared of EVERYTHING or you will have to do it all over to get it right. as for the making it default all I know how to do is got to tools, stationary, and at the bottom underneath choose default stationary make the stationary you made the default for all other pages in the section. a word of advice, save your stationary to the my stationary section. it will be the first on the list for the whole make ________ the default stationary for all pages in the section.

3. Rkbarms2k

poetdante,

Thank you, but niether one of those worked. The issue is not the lines that can be applied to the background, but rather the vertical separation between the lines of actual text in the outline.
    If you open the taskbar and select "List" in the dropdown menu, you'll see the "vertical line spacing" control I was referring to in my first message.
    No matter, I still appreciate the help.

Surely there must be someone who's a member of this forum that has dealt with this before.

Thanks

4. poetdante

well i never use outlining. I use the good old I. A. 1. a. (1. (a. (i. meathod. But you are in luck since there will be a discussion with the developers of the tablet pc (windows) at microsoft

5. Rkbarms2k

A discussion of this topic?

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Rkbarms2k

Oh, I see, Barry.

Thanks.

8. poetdante

yes. I hope to make it. luckily I only go to school till like, 11 so I should be home by 1. I wonder what the geniuses at microsot are like...

9. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

Both OneNote and Journal are connecting line segments of my writing.
    Below they are exemplified and shown not to be the result of a dragging pen-tip.

Also the single line scratch out feature is not working. I'm having to make repeated multiple horizontal scratch outs and still the feature intermittently works.

Any suggestions?
    [​IMG]

10. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lines:
    Turn down the "double click distance" in the Wacom properties. (<= middle value)

Scratch out:
    Make several horizontal lines through the word you want to scratch out. This lines has to be one line. That means: Place your pen on one side of the word then move the pen several times to the right and left, without lifting the pen, after that lift the pen and the word should be removed. The lines should be horizontal and not tilted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.