OneNote MX

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by jhoff80, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm not fully sure how I feel about this yet, as I'm only playing with it on a desktop PC running Windows 8, but there is a Metro-style OneNote Preview entitled OneNote MX that is now showing in the Windows 8 Store under "Productivity".

I'll have to play more on my tablet when I get home, but I do in some ways really like the full-screen Metro experience for a notebook like this. It's just kind of jarring from what I'm used to.

2. jhoff80

So some issues I've noticed. You can't print or share from OneNote MX.

Also, of more interest for tablet users here, you can only use the black pen and the small eraser. As far as I can see, there are no alternative pen, highlighter, or eraser options, such as the stroke eraser (which I prefer).

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Is this part of Office 15 Beta or is this the Metro Tile for the RT version?

4. jhoff80

It's basically an entirely separate app from the Office 2013 Preview. I'm not sure how it'll work, cost-wise, but right now they're pretty much unrelated.

5. BurntOrngeLonghorn84

BurntOrngeLonghorn84 Scribbler - Standard Member

Doesn't work on the CL900 due to the crappy intel driver...hopefully they can put in the same fix Amazon did for the Kindle app.

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I tried OneNote MX, and the pen support isn't as smooth as it is in the Full Desktop version...

7. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

Pen support is terrible. Is there even any way to change the color?

Final version will probably be better, inking on the Reader app improved a lot from W8 CP to RP...

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Both are so laggy on my Atom powered Slate as to be unusuable. Because I'm running a dual boot W7/W8, I don't have enough room to try Office 13. The only decent inking I can get on my slate is in PDF Annotator full-screen which feels like natural writing.

9. roystreet

roystreet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey jhoff80 - How are you able to ink in it? I can't seem to find any way to ink...It pans all over the screen anytime I put my finger on it.

I have onenote 2013 & 2010 & they ink just fine.

Thanks,
    ~roystreet

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

roystreet - It is Multitouch enabled so it uses your finger for panning and the Stylus for Inking, what Tablet are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.