OneNote is there page breaks? or Print w/o notes getting cut off?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ates, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ates

ates New Tab Owner

Hello, just wanted to know if theres an option where I can see where a new page begins when writing notes. I hate having to manually insert and adjust writing space then clicking "print preview" to see if my notes are gonna be cut off before I print. thanks!

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You're better off setting a default paper type, before you begin writing, that way you know exactly how & where your notes fall. On the drop down arrow under new page, select more template choices and options, and set the default template to Letter. (which should be an 8.5'' x 11'' sheet) Or the appropriate one for whatever paper size you are printing, so far that's the only way i've found, to be sure my pages won't be cut off, b/c by default, onenote will go one forever and give you as much paper as you ask for, which can be a bane for printing.

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As Drtigerlilly already said, no, sadly OneNote supports no manual page breaks. I also have to insert writing space if I want to print something out.

Well, that's OneNote with all of its bugs and not finished features.

4. ates

ates New Tab Owner

Thanks! Tried it and it works. But what about if my notes are longer than 1 page do I have to make a seperate page??

5. DRTigerlilly

what i did was i made it my template, so it makes all new pages the same by default, so once i get to the bottom of the page, i hit new page and start again...for printing it seems to be the way to go

So yes, you have to do separate pages, i haven't really found a way to have it do page breaks so that you could continue on infinitum on the standard onenote page.

6. newjstme

newjstme Pen Pal - Newbie

the A4 template is like a regular standard paper? is this good? I want to be sure that my pages won't cut off....

If I want to print the page with the template (with the grid) is it possible? how?

7. DRTigerlilly

i'm not sure its possible to print w/ the grid.

8. Frank

You could also take a look at Windows Journal, perfect printing, page breaks, prints the grid, and and and.

I hope OneNote 13 will be Journal + organizational features.

9. newjstme

newjstme Pen Pal - Newbie

But in Windows Journal there is less option, and do you know if there is pen sensetivity in the Windows Journal?

10. Frank

Journal has pressure sensitivity and has MORE ink features, but none organizational features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.