OneNote Forum?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by grunzasr, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

How about a forum devoted exclusively to OneNote? The possibilities of this program are limitless. It would be great to have a forum to exchange questions/experiences on this indispensable tablet application.

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How about this...once we have ten distinct threads on OneNote, we'll make a sub-forum or something of the like. At the moment, there's just not enough conversation on the topic.

3. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

But, having a dedicated topic will encourage conversation! Members will see the topic and probably browse to see what it's all about. Then they just might learn something and get involved. Otherwise postings tend to get lost in the generic categories or lose continuity.

4. davidJlin

davidJlin Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I for one will definitely post stuff about OneNote once I get it paired with my Acer C314. I'm sure between MRL and I, we can generate enough new OneNote posts to warrant a new forum.
    :p

PS - Good point about the 37 cent stamp, MRL!

5. Brian

You have beaten me into submission, there is now a OneNote sub-forum under software. Moving posts there now...

6. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What is better, onenote or evernote? I have only used onenote so far and evernote does not look too appealing. What is it?

7. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

8. Brian

The general consensus is that OneNote is better and at $20 after rebate, it's a no brainer.

9. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I have EverNote Plus and OneNote both in "production" which is no easy task.
    The fact that EverNote (freebee and plus version) does NOT allow ink/text mix in a single note and does NOT allow ink over text, is a real turn-off! However, I am finding out that EverNote works very well by just dropping a note in and categorizing it at that time or later. OneNote forces you to be more organized up front. And when you think about it, isn't the purpose of an organizer to help you get organized rather than forcing you to be organized going in.
    Also now that I have a good collection of notes in both, EverNote is much faster at finding notes with search text.
    OneNote uses a hierarchical database that makes it more difficult to cross-organize data. EverNote uses a linear database and maintains a separate category index to cross-index the notes. So far, EverNote is winning hands-down in the speed department.
    Now if the people at EverNote can figure out how to implement the ink/text mix as well as allow ink over text, they might just have the "Holy Grail" note taker/organizer.

10. grunzasr

grunzasr TabletPC User

My first TabletPC didn't come with OneNote so I was using Windows Journal. My next TabletPC came with OneNote so I'm giving it a try. I really miss the Journal ability to select text with the "lasso" tool. Anyone know how to do that with OneNote?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.