OneNote for Android on Galaxy Note devices

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by jl199954, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I find it kinda useless. I don't type notes often or ever. I find it just as easy to launch onenote. I am loving this Note 5. It was a great decision.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I can see the point of it was pen aware. You might have to look for the screen where you have your OneNote icon (depending on setup) now it's available everywhere. But you probably launch OneNote when you withdraw the stylus?

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

3. Bronsky

Yep.

4. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

I am also loving my Galaxy Note 5. The pen is wonderful. I have the whole array of MS apps on it so everything it sync'd to OneDrive, docs,contacts, photo's, etc. SP3 is my other personal machine along with a locked down work desktop.

The GN5 has really become the best MS phone out there now. Some improved integration of a Tasks feature would be all I ask for, in Outlook or OneNote...or like the desktop...both connected.

Samsung's Action Memo I actually find useful, but one that integrates with Outlook and OneNote would be killer. Start a note and turn it into an item afterwards.

What other apps do you find yourself using?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    djas and Bronsky like this.
  5. Bronsky

I'm really trying to find a decent PDF annotator that works in similar fashion to Drawboard. I have been using Xodo but still struggling with the program. It seems very google centric. So I guess I'm going to have to use google drive to make it work. I am not a fan of Acrobat Reader for a lot of the same reasons I struggle with Xodo. I just want a simple interface that permits me to easily copy and rename my forms, annotate them, save the new document and print it when necessary. I'm still searching for that program.

My most used programs are OneNote, OneDrive, Dropbox, Here Maps, Lexis Advance (online legal research), Chrome, Office Lens, Google Earth, Xodo and a file manager. I am not a Google user so I am at a significant disadvantage and face a daunting learning curve. But, in all, I am happy with the device and, even with a difficult transition, am happy I made the choice I did. There is nothing on the market that does what my Note 5 can do.

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Could use two apps for that? A file explorer like ES File Explorer to copy, rename and launch the pdf editor. I assume the PDF editors can do the inking and printing part... but I confess I don't even have a PDF annotator installed on mine =P

djas likes this.
  7. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

Re-discovered this thread and wanted to chime in that OneNote on the Note 5 is awesome. I discovered I can split-screen and watch a video and take notes on it at the same time. It blows my mind that this is possible on a phone!

You can't see from this screen-shot, but the pen is actually more practical for note-taking this way than the soft-keyboard, which pushes the video off the screen (to keep the cursor on screen). I just went back through afterwards and typed out my handwritten notes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Bronsky likes this.
  8. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

My real issue with One note for Android is the lack of page size option.

9. djas

djas Graffiti User

Bump

10. Bcbuch

Bcbuch Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not a fan of inking with the s pen at all. I work in the oilfield and use Excel when taking readings. After an update once the s pen is removed from the device it defaults to inking with no way of changing input. That makes a serious mess out of a spreadsheet in a hurry. The update happened in the middle of a 12 hour shift. Which cost me a lot of time starting a new report and reentering data. That was a year ago. The default inking issue is still there after several updates, and still no way of changing input method. As a result I have to leave the s pin in the device and either use a stylus or fingers for inputting which means carrying one more thing to loose.

Not a fan of One Note, or Evernote. I use Keep for note taking. It syncs across all of my devices including my computers through Chrome.