OneNote for Android on Galaxy Note devices

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by jl199954, Jan 1, 2014.

1. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh I see what you mean, I was talking about inking with Evernote indeed. Anyway is there any other specific reasons for you to stick with inking in S-note? If it is for multi-window, you might give the browser from these Floating apps a try.

2. jwdink

jwdink Pen Pal - Newbie

I was actually planning on using this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bjbinc.multiwindowmanager

But I haven't been able to get anyone to confirm for me whether Evernote actually plays nicely with it, especially with the hand-writing stuff.

To clarify, I don't own a Note--otherwise I'd obviously test it out for myself--but am thinking about buying one, and my decision rides fairly heavily on my ability to take notes while multi-tasking.

The sort of things I'm hoping to be able to do don't seem that extravagant: watch a video while taking notes, view a PDF and copy/paste from it while taking notes, etc. But I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out whether I'll be able to do them.

EDIT:

On a related note, does anyone know if, when using the multi-window feature, it's possible to take a screen capture of just ONE of the windows?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. cleft

FYI I've just tried the app on my Note phone and it works well. Evernote, Chrome and my favourite pdf viewers all had multi-window enabled and played nicely with each other. However be aware that the app description says Note 10.1 2014 is not currently compatible.

4. jwdink

jwdink Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice! Thanks for trying that out. Yeah, the Note 8 vs Note 10 vs Note 10 2014 thing is also a bit confusing. I'm planning on getting a Note 8, I can't imagine a reason it would be different, but who knows.

EDIT: Whoops, did you say Note phone? In that case, it's even more encouraging: it would be extremely strange if it worked on the Note 3 and 10 but not 8

5. cleft

jwdink likes this.
  6. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been using one note foe my note taking using the galaxy note 8 it actually works very good

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've had a Galaxy Note 4 for the past week, so I can finally test this part of the current OneNote client...

...and IT WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE! It's just like the Windows version on a Tablet PC, really. Seriously, inking in OneNote Mobile's something I've demanded since the Windows Mobile days.

I think the only thing that's really missing is side button lasso select, but I'm just happy to have proper ink support that carries over to the Windows/Tablet PC version perfectly intact.

8. sangseo

sangseo Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, I was unclear. If you ink with the Evernote app, this is how it works. But if you use S-note integration, this is not how it works-- correct? That is, if I make an S-note and upload it to Evernote, that S-note is read-only within Evernote. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

OneNote for Android needs to include either a lasso select tool or the ability to use your finger tip as an eraser in conjunction with S-pen. Right now it is truly inconvenient to have to reach the top toolbar just to erase something.

I'm willing to deal with the other shortcomings because I think the size and weight of the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 is perfect for a school note taking device.

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

OneNote for Android has been upgraded with a OneNote badge feature, half a circle ready to take a note at any time regardless what app you are using at the moment. A wonderful idea and feature for notorious note taker like moi. Alas, Microsoft didn't make it pen aware :-! Only keyboard. Sooo close!

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015