OneNote for Android on Galaxy Note devices

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by jl199954, Jan 1, 2014.

1. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone use OneNote for Android on their Notes yet? 8 or 10.1?

Is there & what do you think of the inking abilities?

Thanks!

I am hopeful about this new Galaxy Note Pro 12 incher being rumored. If they can work proper indexing/ search into the functionality then some of us note-taker focused types will have some serious thinking to do vs. our MS Surfaces (Surfacee, Surfaci? none of these sound right...)

2. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

There is no inking in Android version (and I doubt there ever will be). I used to resort on writing on a third party app and import my notes to OneNote as multiple pictures. Desktop version of OneNote can convert text from pictures but it needs couple of clicks. I think it cannot index them prior to conversion though

3. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

Can anyone explain why there will never be inking in android one note?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

4. cleft

There might be a *slight* chance actually given that Windows-Atom tabs become widely popular as companion devices. At the moment Android tabs (and iPad) are still the dominant go-to devices for such purpose though, but Microsoft still got full Office suite support up their sleeve. They would shoot themselves in the foot if offer one of the selling point features on their opponent's platform. My opinion anyway.

5. jwdink

jwdink Pen Pal - Newbie

Evernote now supports inking. Though I'm having trouble finding any reviews / impressions from anyone who has tried to use it for this.

6. jl199954

I've used the Evernote inking beta. A bit laggy. However- I was impressed by Evernote/Snote integration. And Evernote/Papyrus integration for ink search.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

7. jl199954

My setup now is the Surface Pro2 for input....but that fact that OneNote is everywhere now for displaying these ink notes is great! Wifes iPhone, my Lumia 1520, my MacPro15", GNote 10.1 is the house tablet for all.

Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk.

8. jwdink

jwdink Pen Pal - Newbie

The main problem with the latter is this. Say I write a math equation, then it's synced with Evernote. Five minutes later, I want to tweak something about it. But in Evernote, now it's just a PNG, right? It won't recognize it as ink anymore, where I could delete or erase a line or stroke.

9. cleft

On Android, you can tap on the image again to edit ink. I'm not sure how the desktop version works though.

10. jwdink

jwdink Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, I was unclear. If you ink with the Evernote app, this is how it works. But if you use S-note integration, this is not how it works-- correct? That is, if I make an S-note and upload it to Evernote, that S-note is read-only within Evernote. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is unfortunate, though. Only S-note (but not Evernote) allows for things like multi-window.