Onenote Drawing Tools Problem, HELP!

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by potency, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. potency

potency Pen Pal - Newbie

When i create shapes, they dot have borders that are uniform in thickness. For example, when i create a rectangle, the top and bottom sides are significantly thicker than the left and right sides. I CAN't figure out what the problem is. They were working properly and then one day they just started malfunctioning and it's driving me nuts. The arrows aren't working properly either and the thickness of the shaft of the arrow varies with the direction. I'm clueless. I've tired re-installing and everything else i can think of. I've posted a link to a screen shot. Please help me.

http://noobpolice.com/g.jpg

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Potency (har har, no pun intended)

Unfortunately, I can confirm this also happens with my install of OneNote 2007 on Vista Business. This may be a bug in MS's drawing code, or they might play it off as a "feature" I'm not sure.

GoBucks reports that if you go to https://connect.microsoft.com/onenote and register for a feedback account, you can see all the bugs and suggestions people have reported and Microsoft's responses to them.

Might be worth sending your 2 cents! While I'm happy with my tablet, I know I have about a 48 cents to "donate" to MS right now...

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi (again) Potency,

After investigating this further, I belive I found the problem. From your screen shot, I think I see that you are using the highlighter (set to the color black) instead of the normal pen. The highlighter is beveled to mimick a real highlighter, and so vertical strokes are thinner than horizontal strokes.

The highlighter (or beveled-semi-transparent pen) icon is the yellow marker. The pen icon is the red marker. Try that one and see if you get equal ine widths.

It just so happens that before I read your post and tested it, I too was using the highlighter and thus thought I confirmed your problem. I should have investigated it further, sorry about that.

Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.