OneNote - Convert to Ink like Convert to Math?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by beere, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beere

beere Pen Pal - Newbie

I just started to test my tm2 with OneNote.
    Now when I convert "Ink to Math" I get the Input Panel to check und correct if necessary.
    If I convert "Ink to Text" the text is just there and i have no opportunity to correct. Is there a way to use it the way like "Ink to Math" works?

I think i saw it somewhere but I'm not able to find it anymore.

Thanks!

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

you can just use the Tablet Input Panel instead.

3. beere

beere Pen Pal - Newbie

Really?
    I did not found any way to convert already written notes with the Tablet Input Panel. And while i take notes i have no time to correct them at the same time.

So if you know a way i would be happy to hear ;)

And sorry for the wrong board...

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

oh, I'm so sorry.

I didn't knew that the match panel worked like this. I only remembered that when I press the Ink to Math button the Math Input Panel popped up and I was able to enter my equation. I didn't knew that you can select a written equation and then correct it this way.

No, such a thing does not work with the TIP. And I don't know a way to do this. You have to write the text in ink, bulk convert it to text and later correct the already recognized text with the keyboard or the TIP, just as you would with plain text in Word, not the way you can correct it with the Math Panel.

5. beere

beere Pen Pal - Newbie

This is poor!
    When I converted the text I loose the ink and have to correct out of memory.
    Not really practicable on longer notes - or you have to convert it word for word.

Math is really a great way.
    I will send a mail to Microsoft and maybe they will add it in a future release or tell a way to activate it.

Thanks for your input - it tells me I am not the only one who didn't find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.