Onenote and maths

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by chinesefireball121, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

There seems to be a free download trial for mathjournal 1.1 here, although I think there is a newer version out.

If you do download can you tell me what you think? (I don't have a tabletPC at the moment so I can't test for myself).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. dans595

dans595 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sure I will. I think there is huge potential for the tablet interface amongst mathematicians. Even without recognition software, it is a great way to brainstorm and take notes.

BRB! Testing the app.

3. dans595

dans595 Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately, upon installation, "the evaluation period has ended." Maybe there is a new trial out there.

4. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

Its a pity the trial has expired - I found that trial though a quick google search - there may be another non-expired one out there

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Bringing this thread back from the past. :)

Microsoft has a plug-in to allow equations to be inked. I have it installed, but I have not been able to use it successfully in OneNote yet. Has anyone had any luck, or would care to give it a shot and report back?

I have been using Word 2007 to type my math equations. I had previously been using Design Science's MathType, but it's nowhere as convenient to use as the equation writer in Word 2007. The equation writer in Word 2007 is amazingly quick and easy to use, especially if you learn some of the shortcuts. I can type most equations without using my mouse. I also like how each character can be made a different color or font weight (bold, italic). I would be able to type more equations if the documentation for the new equation writer was better, and that's really it's biggest downfall.....the other shortcoming is that it doesn't do equation numbering, but I don't know what that is, so it doesn't bother me. I found one "unofficial" reference guide.....if y'all care to check it out, just go to my website, go to one of my math webpages, and it will be near the bottom of the page.