OneNote - a little jagged for anyone?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Meatlocker, Jun 29, 2011.

1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I was using thin pen.. Once I switched to thicker line pen..I do have light jagged edges. May be nothing wrong with your setup..just nature of Onenote and Intel graphic card.

2. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

I had very jagged lines at one point, and following CF77's advice to uninstall ISD in the Control Panel Programs list did the trick (it reinstalled automatically at next start-up). I was having other pen problems too at the time, so this may be overkill for you, but it did help me. I'd say that now I have no jagged lines at all, either OneNote or the TIP, no matter what pen thickness I use.

3. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

Yeah, I am wondering if maybe I am just overreacting. Here is my sample. Arrows point to jaggedness that I have not previously been used to. Journal shows same effect:

[​IMG]

The 'T' and 'S' have the tiny jags that I am talking about, as do pretty much anywhere that the lines angle.

4. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Never mind my earlier post. What I was talking about was much, much worse. This looks the same as my OneNote.

5. coldpenguin

coldpenguin Scribbler - Standard Member

What resolution is the device you normally use? Try drawing a large circle such that the angle of part of the line is equal to the slant of the T.
    Zoom in on the T, and I think you will see it is less jagged. I think you will find this is a limitation of the display resolution. {I zoomed to 300%}

6. swankins

swankins Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't see the jagged lines at all and im on a crappy 1280x768 external monitor

7. Meatlocker

I think I am overreacting a bit. Colpenguin hit it on the head - it is a limitation of the display. Oh well.

8. JimDandy

JimDandy Scribbler - Standard Member

I use OneNote every day and have not noticed any jagged lines. I created some text at 100% then blew it up to 500% and added more text and never saw any jags.

I just did it again starting at 25% and blew it to 500% and saw no jagged lines either.

9. Meatlocker

Interesting. Is it cleaner than my sample above?

10. Pete in Hyder

Pete in Hyder Z160 1984 $2800 33# My1st

When I look at your sample above the only stepped edges I can see are on the right edges of the arrows you use to point with. I zoomed in until the arrow pair filled about 1/4 of the screen and while the text started to fade out around the edges at this magnification, it did not appear jagged on my ep121 slate.