OneNote 2016 - pen not always working

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by convergent, Jun 26, 2017.

1. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Using a nSP and both OneNote App and OneNote 2016. Today I noticed that often the pen doesn't work in OneNote 2016. Its happened a half dozen times today. Nothing is greyed out, and I can select different pen widths, colors, etc.. I get the little visible queue on the screen when the pen tip is close, but no ink is left on the screen when I write. The only solution seems to be to close OneNote 2016 and reopen it, and then it works fine. I've not ever had this happen with OneNote App.

It actually just happened again while I was typing this. About 15 minutes ago I was inking on a page. I started a Webex call and was typing this, and now I went back to take notes and no pen working. The nSP is docked and its had the OneNote 2016 application on the nSP display continually while I was working on the external display and external keyboard... so it just stopped working.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

For your own piece of mind you might post this message on answers. microsoft.com. Seems like you find a bug and Microsoft reacts real quick when they get posts like that.

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

I was having that issue with the SB with Insider Builds but it appears to be fixed on later updates on the new SP 2017

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  4. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I rebooted and it hasn't done it since, but will wait a while to see if it recurs.