OneNote 2010 ink-to-text does not work in extra/other languages

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by TabletUser3080, Apr 13, 2012.

1. TabletUser3080

TabletUser3080 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu T901 TabletPC running Windows 7 Prof English.
    I'm running MS Office OneNote 2010 x64 English version as part of the MS Office Suite. Furthermore I have installed the French and Dutch langauge packs for MS OFfice 2010 x64.

Wen using pen input in English in OneNote 2010, I can convert handwriting to text using the 'ink-to-text' button/function without any problems.

However, when I use pen input in French or Dutch in OneNote 2010 and click the 'ink-to-text' button to convert the French/Dutch handwriting to text >> nothing happens?

Note that I have properly changed the input language setting at the bottom of the taskbar from EN to FR/NL.

I read numerous post from other people saying that the 'ink-to-text' function works fine in the same langauge version of their software:
    So English words or 'ink' converts fine to English text on OneNote 2010 (MS Office Suite) English under Windows 7 English (as it also does for me). French words or 'ink' also converts fine to French text on OneNote 2010 (MS Office Suite) French under Windows 7 French, etc ...

Despite playing around with numerous settings in Control Panel and selecting the right language setting in the taskbar (EN, FR, NL), I cannot make 'ink-to-text' work in other languages (using extra MS Language Packs) than the langauge the OneNote 2010 software is in (in my case: English).

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

TabletUser3080