OneNote 2007: Inking Gets Messed Up?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by Neverwinter, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverwinter

Neverwinter Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know why inking gets messed up sometimes after doing little simple erasing? I'm doing my math in OneNote 2007, and sometimes after doing very small erasing, some of the math shifts down, right, left, etc.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. Neverwinter

Thanks. I know this happens on the Windows Mobile (PDA) Notes program as well...

4. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

I use to have this problem all the time. The problem was even worse in Onenote 2010 beta. I decided to go back to Onenote 2007, but this time I updated the software with service pack 2. Some one also suggested that I should disable the option to automatically switch from pen to the selection tool. After doing this, I have not had the problem at all.

5. Neverwinter

Where can I find this option?

6. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi Neverwinter,

In OneNote go to Tools > Options > Pen > and uncheck Automatically switch between Pen and Selection Tool.

[​IMG]

7. Neverwinter

Wow. Thanks a lot. That's a pretty helpful post.

8. Hipp0

Hipp0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, I just posted a reply in a different thread about this. Do you think "Automatic switching" causes this? I will try it on OneNote 2010, and see if it works. Shouldn't take very long, as I do a lot of handwriting.

Added:
    No, it's still jumping, when you click undo, or just write or do something... It has a mind of its own. And this is OneNote 2010. Not only they introduced stupid unnecessary ribbon that takes space in OneNote, they didn't bother to fix bugs, appearance is more important that stability.... I don't have a choice, but to go back to OneNote 2007, which at least doesn't jump as often as 2010.

Added:
    Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em8tRGQz6yA

And here is an example of what is happening to my notes:
    http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1462/summaries.jpg

Every time I change it, then after a couple of hours I look there again, and it's all messed up again... It's impossible to work with it. And I have hundreds of lecture notes, if they all jump, then I effectively lost all that information...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

Just go back to 2007. The ink shifting in 2010 is terrible and it happens a lot. I had the same problem in Onenote 2007 (original release). However, the problem is gone in Onenote 2007 sp2.

10. Lat

Lat Pen Pal - Newbie

I converted all my class notes from 2007 format to 2010 format, and a good majority of it shifted =(

I noticed it mainly happens with the formulas (when I have fractions and draw longer lines)...not really anything I can do to fix it, as it's all messed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.