Onenote 2007 increadible slow

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by olejorgen, Apr 18, 2007.

1. olejorgen

olejorgen Pen Pal - Newbie

After I've used it for a while, everything slows down. Selecting ink can take up to 30 seconds. This happes especially on long pages.

Anyone else?

2. woutervegter

woutervegter Pen Pal - Newbie

same here, it's very annoying, did you ever try to erase something with the back of you wacom-pen? it can take minutes

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have hundreds of pages of notes and use it hours a day. That's never happened to me. Is there a background process tying up CPU time.

4. Sassafras

Sassafras Scribbler - Standard Member

I too have to agree with alphaswift. I have never had an issue with One note 2007. I have actually found its performance to be consistantly better than 2003.

When I was having a similar issue with gobinder and one note 2003 it had ultimately been programs running in my background hogging my CPU. The software I've had issues with is Spyware Doctor and Windows Defender. Once I removed these from my computer, I no longer had lag issues with my note taking software or any other program for that matter! :)

-Sass

5. nrz

nrz Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear Team ,
    In the starting, while i was using onenote 2007, it was very fast, but as i started putting more data in onenote & started making more books, ONENOTE became VERY VERY SLOW, so what iam guessing is may be this is becose , there is more data on CLIPBOARD or something, so i need to clean/clear that clipboard data etc( I GUesS). Please advice me how to clean/clear that data???? or any other suggestion. PLEASE help!!!!

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Yeah, selecting a lot of ink does slow things down a lot. This seems to be the case in every inking application I've tried. It takes up hundreds of megs of memory in Onenote. The only way I can free that memory is to close and reopen Onenote, which makes it speedy again.

Rule #1 of Onenote: Don't select lots of ink.