onemix 3 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Mar 20, 2019.

1. nycrayjai

nycrayjai Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, does anyone know how to get the buttons on the Onemix 3s pen to work? When I click them nothing happens? Does it need software? Thanks!

2. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know what driver to download to get the fnc and del key to control fan please?. Cannot get it to work.

3. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure which drivers you need in particular, but the whole driver package from OneNetbook can be found here:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AilYUA_Au4xWgm0E00IROTHIfAaq?e=3rbxPP

(I realise it's probably a bit late as an answer for you, but maybe someone else comes across this page searching for drivers. In not sure how well they advertise their drivers on their website nowadays, it used to be really bad. I got the link of their discord channel.)

4. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

just an update on the long term use

onemix3: after 1+ years, the battery puffed up, got it replaced
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GPDPocket/comments/hsa0ol/one_mix_3_yoga_battery_replacement/

onemix3: after 1.5 years, the keyboard started getting wonky (mistyped/repeated characters. using external USB keyboard seemed ok for the most part after disabling internal), then the PC started randomly rebooting (unsure keyboard or motherboard issue). it's in my drawer unused right now

onemix1: after 3+ years, the battery puffed up. wonder if i want to replace it now (it's about $25+?$8? shipping, may get two)

(could be because the laptop screen closed but not sleeping, in my bag, causing it to puff up). still, not looking good for durability in my hands

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@paperwastage: Nice summary. Long-term feedback isn't very common...!

6. FerradalFCG

FerradalFCG Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the onemix 3 too, and after 1.5 years and very low usage, the battery is going to zero in minutes..... the support is really bad, difficult to reach or they ignore your emails.... Obviously this is a brand not to buy again.....

7. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the update!
    In the reddit thread you mention an m.2 - do you mean an external hard drive with nvme? My OMY 3 Pro doesn't have an internal m.2 slot, is there a difference between the plain and Pro model?

I'm back to using my OMY3 Pro for the time being, so far it's holding up alright, though it's getting a bit hotter than I'd like.

I used to be quite find of the onemix line, also had the OM Yoga 2s and got the Yoga 4 at launch. Unfortunately, I got burned by an abysmal service, so probably won't buy their products again (which is a shame since the hardware is pretty cool and there aren't any real alternatives in that form factor other than GPD, which probably has the same service issues).
    My Yoga 4 started developing ghost touches on the touch screen after about 3 months of usage, to the point that it became unusable. I was aware that I'd have to pay for postage to China, that comes with importing hardware and is no problem. Sent it off in mid July. UPS was really fast getting the device to Shenzhen (3 days I think), but then I had to spend lots of time communicating with 1 netbook and UPS (explained that one the omy4 thread I think). After about 2-3 more weeks they got the device and eventually wanted to charge me 100$ for the screen. After looking winded attempts at communicating, they said that the problem was that the device had been opened (I had to get to the m.2 slot to get my data from the hard drive), although that's unrelated to a malfunctioning screen. I escalated with someone from the discord channel, but I still have no idea when/if I'll ever get the device fixed after more than 3 months now (when asking on aliexpress they keep telling me that it's almost done for the last few weeks).

Marty likes this.
  8. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

from previous posts on this thread ( i was lamenting about lack of 16GB + m.2 version, 16GB is pro version i believe), other threads, and the actual product page on 1netbook.com
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GPDPocket/...x_3_pro_ssd_soldered_ssd_m2_ssd_or_both_like/

https://www.1netbook.com/onemix-3/

i believe only the base model (om3) has m.2. the pro doesn't, om3s doesn't

the parts supplier from above, has replacement battery $50-$70 i think. not too bad if your device still working

looks like the next best "handheld"/portable device with decent support = Steam deck, but that's running Linux with no built in keyboard, says windows should be available sometime

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    franzander likes this.