onemix 3 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Mar 20, 2019.

1. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Update - I've upgraded to the latest Windows Insiders build and tilt and pressure sensitivity are working...

upload_2019-6-26_21-23-15.png

darkmagistric and jvloyola like this.
  2. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a recovery partition like on the 2S? I want to format and do a clean install of Win10 when mine arrives. Also, can you test the charging with a 3rd party charger? The 2/2S would only charge with the supplied charger (or it needed to be 12v/2.5a exactly). I'm hoping they did indeed add support for other PD specifications like 5v/15v. Thanks in advance!

3. jnjroach

It works with my Chromebook charger which the 2S wouldn't, but I already purchased another charger that the 2S would work with and it works with the 3.

Partitioning is strange the 256GB SSD shows as 2 separate in File Explorer.

upload_2019-6-28_6-55-33.png

4. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

That is strage... I have never seen a retail PC come with the hard drive partitioned in half from the factory.

5. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the videos and info, look nice buy ai think it’s just and incremental upgrade over the 2s , for me there is no pressing reason to upgrade yes the screen is bigger buy you lose portability, and the jury is still out about battery performance.

For precious owners of 2/2s it’s a hard sell unless you absolutely need the bigger screen.

For me I find myself using the 2s less and less and my new iPad mini 5 more and more, one of the main reasons I got a mini windows pc was for playing Civ VI on the go but being a power hungry program mu battery life suffered. I can play longer on the ipm5 than on my 2s.

Nevertheless is great to see OneMix keep developing the line

Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. yodamiked

yodamiked Scribbler - Standard Member

Was really hoping this iteration wouldn’t have pwm, but judging from your video, looks like it’s still there disappointingly. Pen performance looks promising though.

7. jnjroach

8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I’ve seen that once...years years back when the Asus EeePc was a thing.......I bought a 10 inch model from Bestbuy that was advertised as 128GB of storage. It was similarly and oddly partitioned as 64GB and 64GB.....it was like a Best Buy exclusive model or something....but I was never able to get them to combine......for all I know, it could have had had 2 legit separate physical storage drives. That was a weird machine however,

9. tcassidy

tcassidy Pen Pal - Newbie

I think I created a problem disk like that last year when I cloned a 256 G one to a 500G one. If I recall correctly the free version of Aomei Partition Assistant allowed me to move the small partitions from the middle to the end and combine the two large ones into a single C: drive.

Terry

10. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

Since the om3y supports Microsoft pen protocol, does anyone have a recommendation for a pen?

For the om3ys/plat, did anyone confirm whether the m.2 slot is still available? Official website shows om3y having m.2 but not om3ys/plat

The chuwi minibook is a little tempting (cheaper 8" 16:10, 360 hinge, 16GB+512GB built-in nvme, spare m.2 nvme slot, but no pen support), though first-gen products aren't usually as polished as newer gen

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019