onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

I finally got my hands on my new baby. I just tried my Anker PowerCore+ 26800 charger and apparently it is charging with QC speed: from 40% to full charge in 1 hour and 57 minutes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnjroach and BillyZ like this.
  2. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    jvloyola likes this.
  3. jvloyola

You are actually right my anker battery doesn’t show 12 volts as output:

[​IMG]

BUT my yoga 2S IS charging off the battery just fine even while playing Civ VI which is actually very enjoyable in this little computer

4. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm this makes searching for compatible chargers very difficult as it seems listing the 12v spec is optional. I don;t want to shell out another $60-100 for a high end charger only to find it doesn't work. Ill keep an eye out for deals on that Anker charger.

5. jvloyola

I have a couple of other portable batteries back home, I will teat them next week when I’m back

6. Geo

Geo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm a newbie here and trying to decide between one mix 2(s), gpd pocket 2 and win 2
    Sorry if already mentioned, but just to clarify:
    1. I understand that RAM and SSD are not upgradeable (they're soldered on motherboard), right?
    2. Is the ssd a sata or nvme drive? I assume it's sata, but a seller was claiming nvme - as speed is over 1gbps - as he said.
    3. Keyboard is not backlit (?)
    4. Does pen work with palm-rejection? (can you draw while touching screen with the hand holding pen?)

Thank you very much, I hope answers will help others as well.

7. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

While mine hasn't arrived yet, having followed this and similar threads in detail I think I can answer with reasonable confidence.

1. Yes, unfortunately both soldered on.
    2. NVME
    3. Yes, no backlight. One it two very superficial "reviews" (ads) claim backlighting, but obviously they just looked at the button, which is still printed on from the previous model, but now switches to a silent mode.
    4. According to people on the discord channel, this should be working fine.

8. franzander

Finally got my device. Overall, I like it so far, apart from two main issues (I'll have to see how I'll adapt to the keyboard but that's a more conceptual issue - I guess I'd actually prefer 10-11 inch, but there's currently no interesting devices in that form factor).

1. Pen support on Linux (arch) seems marginal unfortunately. Just briefly tested with xournal and there didn't seem to be a simple way of distinguishing between touch screen and pen, it just recognized the Goodix touchscreen. The pen seems to ink once it is detected by the even, also: no pressure sensitivity.

2. The USB-C implementation is indeed very picky as others have pointed out. Two of my the USB-C chargers don't work properly (constantly changing between charging and discharging, so overall the device actually discharges), probably they don't provide the 12V the device insists on getting. The doubly annoying thing is that the device also doesn't work with my USB-C monitor. So one of the major attractions of USB-C, using just one connection to charge and display, is void. The monitor works fine with another USB-C monitor I tested (actually a cheaper one from China, Teclast F5). The issue could be the same as with the chargers, ie lack of 12V supply on the monitor side, but I can't tell for sure because unfortunately the monitors documentation is also crap, no info at all on USB PD capabilities beyond that is supposedly up to 45W.

I would hope that eventually 1 could be solved, although I'm not holding my breath. As for 2, it looks even more dim as the problem is probably due to the hardware they used. Of anyone's got advice I'll be happy to hear it though!

Apart from that it seems a capable, if slightly noisy little machine. Arch installed quite painlessly, although I still need to fix the screen orientation. Battery life is probably not so great, but curious how it's going to pan out on Linux in productive use (which in my case is usually mostly typing, LaTeX and browsing). Sends quite performant, on Geekbench 4 on Linux it scored considerably higher than my i5 6200U (although I had my browsers open on the i5 machine, so not quite a fair comparison),
    Single core was around 3600 or so on the i5 and over 4000 (maybe 4400?) on the Mix, while multicore was around 6000 with the i5 (on the geekbench database some go up to 6500 or 6900 though), and the mix scored over 7000! Probably wouldn't outperform the i5 on consistent load, but still quite nice.

BillyZ likes this.
  9. franzander

Ok, tried geekbench on windows, as typically it's a but slower, just shy of 4000 points single core and 6766 in multi core. Don't know what my i5 laptop gets under windows, but it's probably close. Still nice for a 5W CPU.

BillyZ likes this.
  10. jvloyola

My solution for keeping the stylus handy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

franzander and BillyZ like this.