onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Ishman

Ishman Pen Pal - Newbie

jvloyola and Marty like this.
  2. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

3. jvloyola

Yey! Mine shipped last Night from from shenzen.

It going to be a long week since I pick it up on Dec 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

first people are getting their 2s devices. I hope Brad Lindner from liliputing will post his review soon.
    Mine should also soon be underway, unfortunately they found my work address to long and I had to supply a different one, which delayed things (wonder what people do who can't supply an alternative address?).

5. jvloyola

Mine was delivered to our us office yesterday, i will pick it up next week and comment back comparing it to my current OMY 1st gen

franzander likes this.
  6. jvloyola

7. jvloyola

This other article also mentions keyboard backlighting:

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/wccftech.com/windows-10-pocket-pc-sale/amp/

8. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

My quick impressions (also posted in GPD subreddit)

My 2S just came in (ordered for $585 from geekbuying singles day sale).... My quick 2 hour impressions:

- The 360 Hinge: It is very easy to move the hinge back 180 degrees but going from 180-360 requires substantial effort. At 360 degrees (tablet mode), it is not completely flush, more like 355 degrees.

- There is what seems to be a "Key Backlight Toggle" button using Fn+ESC but there is no backlit keys. Instead it toggles fan speeds while plugged in and does nothing while on battery.

- None of my 3rd party USB-C chargers seem to charge it correctly. My Ravsmart battery pack (which supports USB-C PD) does not charge it at all while my 18w Pixel 2 charger charges it intermittently. Both my 27w Aukey USB-C PD Turbo charger and my 29w Apple USB-C charger do not charge at all. The bundled charger works fine (30w).

- The microSD card goes in upside down.

- Keyboard feel is very good for the size. My biggest gripe is the size of the comma and period keys which have been neutered. I would prefer some other keys to be neutered instead like semicolon or the arrow keys.

- Fingerprint reader is super fast, just as fast as on my phone (Pixel 2)

- The display is also very good. No backlight bleed, colors are what you expect from a higher end IPS panel. The calibration is a bit cool for my taste. I wouldnt be surprised if it was using the same panel as on the Google Home Hub.

- Battery life estimates (Windows 10) varies wildly with load; which is expected with the Core-M. Loading apps and at initial startup, the OS reports ~3hrs remaining from 100% charge. While idle on a website, it shoots up to 11hrs.

- My stylus has a Pink accent ring on it. I think the color is random and would have preferred something less colorful.

- The $3 "Tempered Glass" screen protector I also ordered from Geekbuying is actually just the cheap plastic film type. Definitely disappointed at geekbuying for the false advertising.

Besides that, the performance and build quality is great. Going to play with it a bit more to get better impressions. I am wondering if I can do a reset in windows and install drivers myself as I do not trust the software as it came from the factory.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    jvloyola likes this.
  9. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the info.

How do you like it otherwise? I really want one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

I need a day or two to play around and get a better feel for the device but so far I am happy with it, especially at the price I paid ($585 shipped with the stylus). Compare that to my wife's Apple macbook 12 which cost around $1200 and is slower with no touchscreen, no pen support, no biometric login, and only a single USB-C port.

jvloyola likes this.