onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have the GPD Pocket 2. I'm more than happy with the performance. I'm going to get the Falcon to see if usability is better with the slight increase in size. If the performance is slightly less but unnoticeable in day-to-day tasks, it may be a fair tradeoff. You can always sell it pretty soon after receiving and recoup most if not all of your funds.

2. chx1975

chx1975 Pen Pal - Newbie

Eeek! According to notebookcheck, the JetStream score of the m3-7y30 is 173.39 where the N5000 scores 108.91. This is, extremely, extremely roughly, your browsing speed. An Atom is an Atom is an Atom. Yes, in multicore sometimes it does catch up but it's still four physical cores catching up with two so the moment you have a single threaded task... There's some Turbo shenanigans going on because the i7-7Y75 is only 187.86. Also, these numbers are only based on 2-3 submissions so they are not gospel but still, even if there is a bit of measurement error there, the gaping chasm might be a bit less gaping but it won't disappear.

In fact I am tickled pink over the One Mix 2 Yoga exactly because it is not Atom. I am not preordering, my wallet is in ruins right now, perhaps 2019 Singles Day but gosh, this might be the laptop we dreamed of when we bought the Vaio P oh so long ago.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  3. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

actually I was positively surprised by the preview of the Topjoy Falcon https://liliputing.com/2018/10/topjoy-falcon-8-inch-convertible-laptop-preview.html#comments

Looking at the benchmarks, sure there is a difference between the N5000 and the GPD Pocket's 7y30, but in several types of tasks (zip, video transcode) it's actually not that massive. And worlds better than the old Cherry Trail SOCs, so I'd actually say an atom is not necessarily an atom (or something along those lines) :)

What I found interesting to note was the big difference in 3d mark between the GPD Win 2 and the Pocket 2 - even though they both have the 7y30, the former was stronger by far, while the Pocket2 was not that much better than the N5000 in the Topjoy Falcon...

So optimisation can play a huge role, it seems. let's hope that the One Mix 2 resembles the GPD Win 2 in this respect! (Or could the lower res display on the Win2 have played a role in boosting its score? I suppose the benchmark should account for that, right?)

4. Mr. Boosh

I pre-ordered the Falcon 128 + Pen for $429 I think it was.

5. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

壹号本OneMix2系列配置对比.png QQ图片20181025180028.jpg
    Retail version configuration,and have mission impossible black version。

Marty likes this.
  6. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for that!
    Can you say what the difference between the two 2S versions is? Is it just the black color? Is it known whether 2S will be released once the presale for the 7y30 variant ends or at a later point? Will it be available for a discount/presale price as well?
    I backed the Falcon, but was also thinking about the One Mix2, but considering this I'd rather hold out a bit and wait for the newer CPU.

7. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

YES,just the black color and the mission impossible logo, it presale in jd, https://item.jd.com/35175058740.html and https://item.jd.com/35140504649.html

franzander likes this.
  8. Mr. Boosh

Why do they stamp Mission Impossible on that? Couldn't be a dumber decision

franzander likes this.
  9. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like the processor may be different also - 8100y on the 2S version and 7y30 on the silver version on Geekbuying/gearbest

Edit - I don’t see any benchmarks anywhere for that processor, but it looks like it will have a 5W TDP and potential for higher boost clocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  10. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie