onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. yodamiked

yodamiked Scribbler - Standard Member

Latest news from their Facebook page is that pre-sale will begin next Monday, with units going out mid- to late-November. Also looks like they may be offering all three processor options (m3-7y30, m3-8100, i5-7y54), though that sounds like a strange approach to me. No back-lit keyboard this time according to the rumors.

2. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Any news?

3. yodamiked

yodamiked Scribbler - Standard Member

The last update I heard was that "pre-orders" did start today, but only to select old clients, and no idea where. Strange business practices in my opinion, but will have to wait and see what happens.

4. franzander

Apparently, you can preorder on geekbuying.com. It's got a Core m3-7y30, 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD.

Thanks to liliputing.com for the info! https://liliputing.com/2018/10/one-mix-2-yoga-mini-laptop-launches-for-650.html

I wonder if there'll be a choice for the 8th gen CPU soon, or if that option has been postponed in general. Similarly regarding the 16GB version, although that would probably be even pricier.

5. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn’t see it in the specs, but anyone know if this will do display over USB-C?

6. franzander

I'm also wondering. Would be surprised (and disappointed) if not, but I guess we'll only know when someone gets to test it, or they provide not precise specs (unfortunately unlikely).

I'm quite torn between this and the 8 inch Topjoy Falcon
    https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/10/15/topjoy-falcon-review-mini-laptop-windows-10-ubuntu/

It seems that the Topjoy might also have a pen (no idea how well it works) and being slightly bigger, might make it a bit easier to use. On the other hand, that obviously makes the device a bit bulkier and I'm not sure if I'd prefer the Core-m performance on the One Mix 2. Tricky decision.

7. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not pre-ordering that OneMix Yoga version. I'm getting pretty fast typing on my GPD Pocket 2 and I think that keyboard will honestly be a step down.

8. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

I emailed Geekbuying and received this answer:

We have received your question about item-405728-One Netbook One Mix 2 Yoga Pocket Laptop Intel Core m3-7Y30 Quad Core Touch ID 7" IPS Screen 1920*1200 Windows 10 8GB DDR3 256GB PCI-E SSD - Silver:

Does this laptop support display over USB-C?

Our reply:

Dear friend,
    Thanks for your inquiry
    Sorry for the late reply

the type-c support display

this laptop has the Type-C port

Type-C is fully functional

Hope you enjoy your shipping!

Best regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

franzander likes this.
  9. franzander

thanks a lot for asking and sharing! that sounds promising.

10. franzander

For some perspective/comparison, liliputing.com has a preview of the somewhat similar Topjoy Falcon. It's nice to get a slightly better idea of the performance levels one can expect. The Pentium N5000 interestingly isn't that much behind the Core m3-7y30.
    Unfortunately (in some sense), this means I still can't make up my mind which one I prefer, the slightly larger 8-inch Falcon or the smaller, probably slightly faster One Mix 2... (the One Mix 2 also has a 500mAh larger battery, but that might not make a huge difference).

Any thoughts?