onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, thank you, thank you so much.
    Yes, I read a similar method to create a bootable USB with WIM files, but it was a little incomprehensible.
    On this website that you said me it is clearly explained:
    https://fossbytes.com/create-bootable-usb-without-software-windows-10-using-command-prompt/

Only one doubt, the process finished at the step when you doing the active partition bootable:

"3.Type bootsect /nt60 g: and hit Enter. It will create the boot sector on G: drive (USB Flash drive).
    4.Type exit and hit Enter to close the Command Prompt."

Or at the step 12 y 13 when you mark the primary partition as active:

"12.Next, type active and hit Enter. It will activate the current partition.
    13.Now, type format fs=ntfs quickand hit Enter. This command will format your current partition as NTFS file system quickly."

And after that, only is necessary to copy the Windows 10 files to the USB?

Well, I will try everything anyway.

I will tell you if it works.

Thank you so much.
    Regards.

2. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

@BillyZ , it worked!!, you are fantastic. Even now I have the recovery partition on the SSD disk that I had deleted. It is great. It is a simple and fast way to doing a bootable USB without any problem, very useful.
    Thank you so much for all the help.
    Regards.

3. BillyZ

BillyZ Pen Pal - Newbie

@Androidsys91 I'm honestly very happy to hear that you were able to get it working!!

I remember the times I dealt with similar situations where it's perfectly functional hardware that just needed the right sequencing of software, and it's so frustrating to not get it working even though you know there's a solution out there somewhere.

I hope you enjoy. I'm still making great use of my OneMix2.