onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. BillyZ

BillyZ Pen Pal - Newbie

I was able to successfully drive a 4k monitor (3840x2160) at 30Hz using the micro-HDMI out port. The same HDMI cable allows for the 3840x2160 with 60Hz when plugged into into the USB-C port (with an adapter).

I think this indicates that the HDMI port is version 1.4 (which maxes out at 4k 30Hz), but I can't find any definitive confirmation for this.

Does anybody here happen to know if that is the case?

Marty likes this.
  2. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you @BillyZ.
    My interest is if the hub USB C allows Video output, ethernet RJ45,etc, etc, -at the same time of charging- the laptop through the USB C port of the hub.

Due to 2s yoga needs 12V/2.5A chargers, maybe it needs a specifically hub USB C. Or maybe not , I am not sure.

3. chx1975

chx1975 Pen Pal - Newbie

People are really confused by USB C hubs here, that's mostly because of the standard. Don't worry: all hubs just pass power on and that's it. The OMY2S will work with whatever random ... you find on Amazon.

Androidsys91 likes this.
  4. Androidsys91

Thank you very much @chx1975.
    I was worry because I read in reviews that there were problems with hub Usb C for 2s yoga because of the specific voltage 12V/2.5A. I will try with any of Amazon.

Changing the issue, One Netbook will have a One Mix 3 S Black version with 16 GB RAM, core i5 8200Y processor and 512 GB SSD among another better specs. Price will be said on 21th May. Good news to my opinion. It could be even better than GPD Pocket 2 Max.
    I attached below the specifications of OMY3 S black.[​IMG]

5. Androidsys91

6. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone see more info on the 3s?

I've only seen a Chinese website selling in China for ~$1k, shipping estimate July 31

7. Androidsys91

I follow the Discord Channel and the information is very confused. They told nothing about the promised 3s yoga black version announced on 21st May. On the contrary, it seems that there is a platinum 3s edition with core i7,16GB RAM,512SSD, in some Chinese website on sale. There are different information in several websites.

People are waiting for the official information in discord channel, but it seems that the official spokesman have been banned to say anything, after announced a false support to LTE modem in M2 slot in OMY3 Yoga.

8. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just because some chinese sites have announced something doesn't mean anything.
    The also had prices for the xiaomi 8" tablet with an 7y30 and 8GB ram, that never existet.

9. chx1975

chx1975 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just found the Aukey PA-D2. This is a two ports USB C charger with each port doing 18W but if you only use one then it can put 30W into that one port. And yes, 12V 2.5A. I like the versatility -- when not charging the OMY2S it can charge two devices.

10. BillyZ

BillyZ Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got the OnePlus 7 Pro, which has what they call "Warp Charge" 30W charging. And guess what? The Warp adapter is compatible with the OneMix. Pleasant surprise. Now I can consolidate my backpack a little better.

Here's the direct link to the charger in their accessory store: https://www.oneplus.com/product/oneplus-warp-charge-30-power-bundle

I think that means that their Warp Car Charger (https://www.oneplus.com/product/oneplus-warp-charge-30-car-charger) should also be compatible.

EDIT: @chx1975 pointed out my error. it turns out the War Charger DOES NOT charge the OM2. Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 1:54 PM