onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. yodamiked

yodamiked Pen Pal - Newbie

2. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot, that sound great! let's hope the campaign (and device) come around soon!

3. franzander

by the way, I wonder what the eventual specs are going to be in the article you linked they mention the m3-7y30, while the graphic posted by the OP says i5-7y54.

I'd love if the latter was true, provided they get a handle on throttling without a super loud cooler, but looking at most typical tech from China the m3 somehow seems more likely.

4. yodamiked

yodamiked Pen Pal - Newbie

Good catch. I would assume it will be the m3, but agreed, the i5 would definitely make things a bit more interesting.

Would be nice to seem some more updates/chatter on the status. Apparently that article I linked to was off base on when it’s getting announced.

5. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

The i5-7y54 will only in test machine,and a good news is the retail version have 8th m3 8100y option.

6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    jvloyola likes this.
  7. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

And actually, the 8th Gen m3 is most likely faster than the 7th Gen i5. The reason is these processors most often operate at their boost clocks. The boost clocks are higher on this next-gen m3 compared to the 7th gen i5. So if anything, the m3 is really an upgrade, not a downgrade.

upload_2018-9-28_13-49-39.png

8. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

Don’t know what tech the pen uses, none of my asus, lenovo, dell, microsoft, pens work with it. Only it’s own stylus.

The experience its not great but also not terrible, you need to make sure you touch the pen first to the screen , every now and then it thinks you are zooming instead of trying to write.

The closest experience would be the Asus zenpad 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not fun. They need to be bought by Samsung, and add an spen inside. And I will by it.

10. franzander

I agree, would be nice to have a pen tech that's compatible with something already available, so as to have a chance to continue using your own high quality pens. Also, is love it if the own had a silo, but understand that the device is probably crammed inside as it is.

One other thing I noticed in the liliputting piece, it's not clear if the USB-C provides video out, considering there's a separate HDMI out. I'd be fine of both work, but it would be a shame if you couldn't do the one cable for charging, data and video-out thing with this device, when using it stationary with a big monitor. Seems like this would be THE device for something like that.
    It wouldn't be a deal breaker if you had to use two cables (USB-C for charging/data, micro-HDMI for video-out), but it would certainly be nor of a hassle (especially with micro-HDMI) and a missed opportunity...