onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

That's strange, xrandr -o right works as expected for me (albeit in antergos Linux).

In fact, the nice thing is that with iio-sensors-proxy you can actually get the auto rotate function to work. However one needs to adjust a file to adjust for the fact that the rotation sensor is mounted sideways. I followed some instructions online (I think for a chuwi device) to get the direction working correctly. When I get a chance, I might be able to find the relevant files as well to post them here (I think someone also has a blog post somewhere about Linux on our device, not sure if he describes a fix for the rotation as well).

Androidsys91 likes this.
  2. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much @franzander. I was looking for on internet and I think that you are talking about the review of this blog:

https://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2019-01/03-one_mix_yoga_2

, It is fantastic, because it explains step by step how to configure everything with ArchLinux OS which use the same desktop environment that Xubuntu, XCFE Desktop, so is perfect to me. He uses this command to turn right the screen :

"/sys/class/graphics/fbconv/rotate_all"

And then, this the solution that explain for make working the screen rotation in XCFE Desktop:

... " I needed a different solution. I found a small C program to read the sensor and adjusted it to the Yoga 2 specifics.

Download and install it from the git repository:

$> git clone https://github.com/splitbrain/2in1screen.git $> cd 2in1screen $> make $> sudo make install

Autostart it from your .xprofile file.

~/.xprofileif [ -x "/usr/local/bin/2in1screen" ]; then /usr/local/bin/2in1screen & fi

Now everytime you turn your device, the tool will call xrandr to adjust your display rotation (including the touchscreen mapping)."...

,And I think that the solution that you are talking for Gnome Desktop
    ,Chuwi HI13 on Linux – Fedora 26,
    is just of this website, don't?:

https://www.aixin.fr/jipeblog/?p=119,

Also explain how to adjust the screen resolution, etc, etc, it is great!
    I will try doing the same and if doesn't work I send him an e-mail or comment.
    Anyway , it is a very interesting and detailed explanation for Linux Users.
    I think that the author , Andreas Gohr ,is also in the Discord Channel, don't?
    Regards.

3. lioncury

lioncury Pen Pal - Newbie

My 2s disconnected the charger cable and suddenly the power went out.
    Thereafter, it does nothing. The power is not turned on and the led is turned off.
    What should I do?

4. chx1975

chx1975 Pen Pal - Newbie

PD 1.0 was not even USB C (source). PD 2.0 was the first USB C and it supported 12V just fine, search for "per USB PD release 2.0" in this presentation (fifth slide). It was optional, sure. Power Delivery 3.0 is described here, and it includes "Adds voltages/currents incrementally" so a PD 3.0 charger (very rare!) supports all sorts of voltages via something called programmable power supply.

Also see this article, " PD 2.0 defines 4 voltages: 5V, 9V, 15V, and 20V (and a fully optional 12V mode)"

5. franzander

Ok so the issue is that the 12V is (and apparently has always been) fully optional. Weird idea to include a fully optional mode in something that is supposed to act as a universal charging standard. That's like calling for incompatibilities, I wonder what the reasoning was behind admitting that as a mere option (rather than making it mandatory or excluding it in the first place).

6. franzander

I assume you've tried keeping it on the charger overnight to check if the battery was just too low? It's happened to me that it didn't charge properly when connected to a usb-C hub, so I was inadvertently running on battery.
    Also, I used to have a problem in Linux where after the battery ran down completely, the uefi somehow got reset, meaning I had to reinstall grub. If you're using Windows that might not be an issue, but I think when this happened I had to press the power button for quite a while for the device to turn on (like 30s or so).
    Maybe worth giving that a try.

Next thing I could think of would be to open the device and check if the battery connector is sitting alright, but this may involve loss of your warranty. So the alternative at that point would be to contact your vendor.

7. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

8. martinegtk

martinegtk Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently got a OneMix 2S and performed a fresh install, but since then the device won't automatically go into tablet mode or disable to the physical keyboard. I've downloaded the drivers again, but reinstallation has made no difference. Any ideas?

9. franzander

Apparently, advance sale for the new OneMix 3 (8.4 inch screen, redesigned keyboard, m.2 port for extra ssd or lte modem) will apparently start on May 16.

10. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

@martinegtk, I recently reinstall Windows 10 without problems. I used a copy of the original Windows 10 drivers. I reinstalled the drivers in Windows Device Manager. You can try connected to internet in Device Manager ->update the drivers of all devices that you see with warnings , and let that Windows find the driver on internet, if not, try with Windows Update.

Another different question,
    I want to buy a hub USB C that allows charging 2s yoga for USB C at the same time that video HDMI output, RJ45 ethernet and so on.
    Are there any problem with USB C Hubs for 2S Yoga?
    It needs a specifically a USB C voltage in order to work.
    I am interested in this hub:

https://www.amazon.com/ICZI-Multifu...in+1&qid=1557940633&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmrnull

But it mark PD 3.0 ,60W, 80 W power adaptador necessary, and 2s yoga adaptador is 30W, that is why I have doubts...