onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, thanks a lot.
    Checking the hardware requeriments for sketchup pro 2019 here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/sketchup-hardware-and-software-requirements

, "Recommended hardware2+ GHz processor, 8+ GB RAM, space3D class video card with 1 GB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration".

It is even less those required by Android Studio, and also fine to run Unity 3D.
    I would be satisfied is One mix 2s yoga is enought to run a little better than my old Asus eeepc, that which I still using.(Since expected the same performance of a 15 inches laptop is very difficult).
    I have already ordered 2s yoga in Amazon. Let us see the performance.
    Thank you very much,
    Regards.

jvloyola likes this.
  2. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally received my Onemix 2 yesterday. Ordered a 2S from Gearbest on 12/21/18.....

I haven’t had a chance to play with it more than a few minutes but updates and software are sorted out. It seems like a great little device except for an annoying fan.

Has anyone tried other branded pens on this thing? Gearbest was out of stock (big surprise).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Androidsys91

Anyone or @norazi could confirm that -Aukey 39W PD Car Charger-, works to recharge one mix 2s yoga??

I have doubts because Amazon doesn't say that it supports 12V/2.5A output.

Thank you,
    Regards

4. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

jvloyola likes this.
  5. Androidsys91

Yes, same specs, and it seems that presales in May and Orders in July. I attached below the specifications of Beta 3 yoga.
    But, in my opinion it is not worth waiting for it, since 2s yoga has the same specs and it is more pocketable.

It is a few days that I have the mine and I love it. Android studio IDE performance is super fast, Virtual Box runs just fine, even I had more than 12 programs running at once and I am not noticed any slow down.

I am very satisfied with it. The only regret to me is the lack of portability due to that only supports 12V/2.5A chargers. None of my power bank or charger that I have at home works with it.

Please anyone could confirm that the Car charger quoted on pag.10 on this thread works, this one quoted by @norazy:
    Aukey 39W PD Car Charger
    Charges fine!
    https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Charger-Output-MacBook-Nintendo/dp/B079MWXSS8/

https://www.aukey.com/products/usb-c-dual-port-car-charger-with-power-delivery

Otherwise, I found this other one:
    Car Charger, Baseus 30W/5A :

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Base...A&qid=1553878569&s=gateway&sr=8-12&th=1&psc=1

https://www.mytrendyphone.eu/shop/baseus-pps-30w-car-charger-235940p.html

, Baseus car charger is marked with 12V/2.5A in both outputs USB and USB C, while Aukey charger only provides 12V/2A, that is why I am not sure... -00-Especificaciones Beta One Mix 3.jpg

6. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  7. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, 18W chargers are normally just meant for phones, I'd always go for at least 30W charging with devices like the OMY2s. The one you quote charges 9-12V @ 0-1.5A, it appears that that is simply not enough -that's actually meant for some phone fast charge technology. The original charger delivers 2.5A and I'd suspect that 12V@2A would be the absolute minimum (haven't ever heard about a charger with those specs though, so don't know for sure of that would be enough). In fact, it could be that the fact it's not working is because the 18W are only supplied as far charging option via Power Deliver 3.0, while our device mainly seems so use PD1.0.

In any case, as stated numerous times in this thread, go for a PD charger/power bank that offers at least 12V/2.5A (normally they are declared as having a 30W rating).

For me the Omars 10000mAh power bank is a great and relatively lightweight choice, the only one I was able to find with less than 20000mAh. (Link can be found earlier in this thread)

8. chx1975

chx1975 Pen Pal - Newbie

I tested the Xiaomi USB Type-C to Mini DisplayPort Adaptor Converter and a PackedPixel (9.7" monitor, 2048 x 1536, USB powered, DisplayPort only) and it worked. Since I was testing, I plugged in a 55" 1080p HDTV into the HDMI output at the same time and that worked as well. Our little laptop is triple display capable (the third above was the internal display but you can deploy an DP MST as well). Impressive.

9. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, the Aukey 39W that I have DOES work as I use it regularly....

The problem is that a lot of 12v capable chargers do not list 12v in the specs so there is no way to know if say a new revision of the charger that I am using will work if they change the hardware and remove 12v support. The only way to be sure is to only buy chargers that specifically state 12v/2.5a or 12v/3a in the specs.

12v/2.0a WILL NOT work, it must be 2.5a minimum

Androidsys91 likes this.
  10. Androidsys91

Ok, thank you very much @norazi.It is weird, because on the Aukey website is marked as 12V/2A: https://www.aukey.com/products/usb-c-dual-port-car-charger-with-power-delivery ,
    Maybe, it delivers 2.5A really.At the end I bought the Baseus Car Charger since it is available in Amazon Europe. Maybe I bought the other if Baseus doesn't Work.
    Also I have bought the -RAVPower 20100 mAh.Power Bank- https://www.amazon.es/RAVPower-2010...ower+bank+30W&qid=1554125473&s=gateway&sr=8-2 , I hope itworks fine since is listed 12V/3A output.

A different question about another problem with this laptop. I use regularly Linux Ubuntu. Anyone Knows how to turn right the screen with Linux ubuntu on 2s yoga laptop?? .The screen in Linux appears by default turn to the left. Typing the command “xrandr -o right” (according to litiputting review) doesn't work for me, neither xrandr -orientation right, etc .I use the Linux version "Xubuntu" (xcdfe desktop). I did also the question in Discord Channel but nobody answer yet.
    Thank you very much.
    Regards.