onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

then go to the Apple store, try Android studio on the MacBook air

It has a i5 8210y (1.6ghz), it's roughly 20% faster than the m3 8100y

As other people say above, the chassis cannot dissipate heat fast enough even when running off mains power instead of battery. Don't expect a fast powerful machine that fits in a jacket pocket

Crostini linux on ChromeOS runs over kvm virtualization. It's a decent experience on my one mix yoga

2. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

@franzander you are in the Discord Channel.
    Do you know how is possible to apply for the beta version of One Mix 3 yoga?

Thank you very much,
    Regards.

3. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha, they should add some sort of sticky notification, the question comes up constantly. You need to send a pm to the official one mix account (might have to scroll a bit to find it) and send them your name, email, address and phone number if I recall correctly.

4. Androidsys91

Ok, thanks @franzander.
    I did so.
    They said that "will collect all the info fans to choose some ones to start the review the next month "(March).
    But How does it works?
    they send a beta laptop for free some time in order to check it and after you have to return the laptop?
    Or is necessary to pay for this beta version and finally you keep the laptop for you?
    if so how much cost?
    There is no information anywhere.
    Thanks,
    Regards.

Attached Files:

5. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I know as much as you can find in that discussion there. I guess you'll find out of/when they ask you if you want to be a beta tester ;)

6. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

Send them a pm they are actually quite responsive if to take into account the timezone difference.

So far they haven’t given out much info at all

Let’s see what they have in store for us because apparently these two need a sister

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Androidsys91

It is not sure, but it seems that One Mix 3 will have a 8.4 inches screen.
    Since Topjoy Falcon with 8 inches screen is 20x13 cms big. Forget in OMY 3 a pocket PC that fits into all your pockets. Rather a backpack or a big pocket of a coat .
    On one hand is an advantage, because you have more screen to doing proffesional works without depend always of an external monitor , but on the other hand decrease portability a lot. More big in size and surely more weight, over 650 gr.
    It will not be any more an exactly 'Pocket PC'. I am thinking in to buy One Mix 2S for this reason.

8. jvloyola

The 2S is an excellent machine, i haven’t run yet into a situation where is slows down, whether is running CiV games or doing 3D architectural models.

You are correct 8 in would no be as portable but sometimes when im taking handwritten notes in OneNote i wish is had a little more screen real state

Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Androidsys91

Do you use 2s yoga with 3D architectural models?
    It works fine without slow downs?
    I want 2s yoga to run IDE programs like Android Studio or Unity 3D, or virtualization programs (Virtual Works,VMWare), which requires a lot of memory.
    I would like to know if these programs will work fine in 2S yoga.
    Regards.

10. jvloyola

Im using sketchup pro 2019 to review my house plans and so far it has worked very well paning working with layers and textures works pretty much as good as my Surface book 2 i7

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk