onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

That reminds me of some early tablets with active digitizers. A lot of us complained about how bad the stylus was for the Dell Venue 8 Pro. Later, the HP Envy 8 Note came out with a good pen, but the CPU was so slow that the whole thing was frustrating. If only HP had put a fast CPU in there, it would have been awesome.

Now we have GPD and One Netbook... getting a lot of the good stuff going but falling down on the stylus...

2. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd like to ask where the support website is for One Netbook. GPD has an okay site to find firmware and drivers. What about for this Yoga? Is there an official site to download Windows, Linux, drivers, from?

3. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

sitongia likes this.
  4. Ishman

Ishman Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess my question would be, "are these for the onemix gen 1 or for the Onemix 2, 2S??" I assume bios, etc would be slightly different since the chipset is different.

5. paperwastage

paperwastage Pen Pal - Newbie

The Chinese sites lists 1stgen and 2ndgen separately.

English site doesn't :(

6. DrekiTech

DrekiTech Pen Pal - Newbie

Unsure if a driver just updated in the background but today I am testing again and the pen works as expected. Up until yesterday the pen right click button did nothing but now it works, so... No idea honestly.

The pen experience is fine now that it is working. The pressure curve I think is still a bit too tight (as in, it goes from thin line to thick line way too easily). I think it would be better for writing than it would be for drawing. But that being said for things that don't require complete finesse I suspect it will be fine (for example dodging and burning on photographs or other photograph touch up, sketching, rough colouring, digital painting). Line art might be a bit tougher.

A few things I noticed:
    - The drawing line lags a little behind the cursor in Photoshop but it's hardly more than my Lenovo
    - The difference between no pressure and full pressure is very tight
    - Make sure to turn on palm rejection in the windows pen settings so that your hand does not cause constant zooming when you rest it on the screen
    - The metal pen will scratch the case of your PC if they're together in a bag.

So far, now that it is working properly, I would give the pen experience maybe a 6.5 out of 10 but that needs more testing before saying for sure.

2S.jpg

On an unrelated note, I think this computer needs some little rubber feet between the screen and the case so when it closes it doesn't sound so rough clicking metal and glass together. I just stuck on some myself but it is not exactly the most elegant solution lol

20190101_214525.jpg

I also think that OneMix needs to put better speakers in these things. I have no idea where the sound even comes from (under the keyboard maybe) and at any volume over 40% something inside the computer vibrates with high frequencies and makes some fuzz.

Anyways I am having fun playing with this little computer despite my criticisms. Hopefully this has helped others who are looking at this computer with a little perspective on the pen thing. Also expect to grab a little set of Bluetooth speakers with it :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  7. DrekiTech

Hmm another question, I notice while doing benchmarks and/or gaming on the system the SSD temp spikes to 75 celcius. That seems insanely hot. Anyone else notice similar heat issues? I checked manufacture specs and they state that it should not go hotter than 70.

8. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

The speaker is indeed under the keyboard.... check my photos from page 7

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/onemix-2-yoga.74554/page-7#post-529271

There is plenty of space on the bezels to the left and right of the screen where I feel they could have put in some stereo speakers (the display housing is thick enough) but its obvious that this was a cost cutting measure

9. DrekiTech

One Netbook OneMix 2S Yoga Review

THE GOOD
    • Good day-to-day performance
    • Can play many older games
    • Full Windows 10
    • Pen input is reasonable for writing
    • Touch input is accurate
    • Fingerprint reader works consistently
    • Folds over into a tablet
    THE BAD
    • Keyboard is a bit mushy and has some odd button placements
    • Tends to get very warm to the touch
    • Edges of body is too sharp
    • Metal body and screen glass touch when closed
    • Speakers sound dull and lifeless
    CONCLUSION

No device is going to be perfect, and the One Netbook is definitely not the exception. It comes from a company who is relatively new to making computers, and their inexperience shows in a couple places, like the lack of padding on the screen. I wish that they had decided to go with a better panel for the display, and that they had positioned the speakers somewhere better as well, but here’s the thing. Currently, this is one of the only pocket sized laptops that is a full 2-in-1 with pen input. Yes, it’s expensive for what you’re getting and some of the hardware choices are questionable. But at the same time it’s cool as hell and kind of a bragging right to own it. I love that there are niche companies pushing innovation with unusual designs, and if you have made it this far and still decided the device is for you despite the flaws, I think you’ll really like what you are getting.

alaskajoel and violajack like this.
  10. Androidsys91

Androidsys91 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I am thinking in to buy this laptop. Usually I practice several outdoor sports, and this tiny 7 inch laptop is great to me.

All the specifications are fine, But I am worried about it is only possible to charge the laptop with a few Power Banks, I read earlier that only charge with 12V/2.5A chargers ,
    I wrote down these:
    -Omars-10000mAh;
    -Anker PowerCore+ 26800;
    -Omnicharge 60W USB-C Power Bank.

Since I only have a few hours to find a socket and recharge the laptop when I doing mountaineering or cycling, I am worried if I have problems to recharge my laptop.

Another think that I am worried is that I read in several reviews that the computer is not capable to recharge at the same time that you use it!!??
    I don't have always my devices at 100%, (if not at 50-30%, or 10%), it means that you have always to wait to recharge with the computer off??
    If don't so:
    How long takes to recharge the laptop at the same time that you use it? and in the other case:
    How long takes to recharge when the laptop is shutdown?

I am worried about these issues because they can doing the laptop almost useless to me, since I have only 3 or 4 hours a day to recharge the laptop or even less when I practice outdoor sports.
    So in this case I would have to choose GPD Pocket 2 laptop instead One mix 2s yoga, if GPD is better to recharge with Power Banks and it recharge faster.
    But I want the features of Yoga: Tablet PC mode, more powerful CPU, and more SSD storage.

My questions are:
    -Is possible to recharge One mix 2s yoga with Power Banks?
    -Can you use it and recharge at the same time?
    -How long takes to recharge the Battery completely?

Any help is good for me,
    Thank you very much,
    Regards.