onemix 2 yoga

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by laigood, Sep 19, 2018.

1. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like it, I guess. I've used a similar setup, although so far I've only very briefly tested it.

As someone asked, the discord channel is here: https://discord.gg/dTxyK2y

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Sure see below

upload_2018-12-27_5-46-13.png

jvloyola likes this.
  3. verber

verber Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been using https://www.gearbest.com/other-laptop-accessories/pp_009621503989.html?wid=1433363 with One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 2S (8/256). Doing fine with powering coming from the provided charger into the hub, a USB keyboard and monitor connected, driving an external monitor and powering the yoga 2s. Worked perfectly with my LG 4K display, but would only do 1200x1800 with my Dell monitoring which is capable of high resolution?! Haven't tried other monitors yet.

Another charger that works is the 72W Nekteck which does 12V@3A
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0712252ZQ/

My 60W anker doesn't work which isn't surprising since it doesn't do 12V :(
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0712252ZQ/

4. norazi

norazi Pen Pal - Newbie

I dont suppose you have a Nintendo Switch verber? I am looking for a USB-C hub that can work with both the Yoga2S and a Nintendo Switch

5. verber

verber Pen Pal - Newbie

@norazi don't have a switch, but expect it would work based on output voltages and that they explicitly say intheir product lit that it's compatible with the switch.

6. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

Could I get more feedback on how well the stylus works? On Windows, how good is the handwriting with recognition (in general, I find it to be good, with tablets that have a good digitizer). Has anyone gotten it to work well under Linux? (Which reminds me: has One Netbook created or officially recommended a particular Linux distribution?)
    Thanks!

8. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

Didn't try a lot on windows, and I'm prob not very demanding wrt. styli, but it seemed quite decent there. My Linux attempt so far was abysmal by comparison, unless someone comes along with a good driver support for goodix one should not count on using the stylus on Linux, I'm afraid :/

More precisely, what works (on Linux):
    Detection of coordinates for pen (may require adjustment of orientation along with touch screen)

What does not work:
    hovering (left mouse button press is detected once the pen is in reach of the screen, i.e. well before you touch the screen)
    palm rejection
    pressure sensitivity
    side buttons (?)

9. DrekiTech

DrekiTech Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently got a OneMix 2S, pretty cool little pc, but the whole pen experience has left me extremely underwhelmed. The main problem is that the pen takes an extremely firm press to activate on screen. It's a problem when trying to draw in photoshop, with the pen being so firm that there's hardly a difference between full thickness and more subtle lines with pen pressure. 2048 levels yea right lol

If I recall correct there's a way to adjust the pen pressure on Surface tablets. Anything similar on this? Or maybe a driver install I can do to help

Thanks!

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I don't use Linux but this is OneNote...

upload_2018-12-29_16-11-43.png

sitongia likes this.