One picture a day....

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by martin8x8, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m.schellingerhout

m.schellingerhout Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Martin,

I love the pics, I wish I could draw like that. Anything more than stick figures is beyond me though :)

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  2. martin8x8

martin8x8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot :)
    just keep on practicing. If you have the eee note it`s easy to make a little drawing a day.
    Martin

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Still, go and view your pics Martin. Love 'em. I wish I knew German. It would help, I'm sure. But there's wonderful liveiness to the situations you recreate, and the faces and body posture are really quite expressive. I like how you boil things down to the basics.

How long to you normally think you might spend on an image when you draw on of these "one a day" pics? Do you draft it at all, and do a sketch beforehand? or do you just go for it?

4. martin8x8

martin8x8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear Steve,
    sorry, havn`t checked this site for long...
    Well, some pics take 5 minutes, some 15 minutes. I don`t make sketches before but sometimes I use the eraser...
    (I whish the eraser might be better, not only 3 shapes but with pressure sensitivity)
    :)
    Martin

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Hey, btw, I saw that you updated your one pic a day blog. Glad to see it- I was concerned you'd stopped! Hahaha! I wish there was a way for me to comment there at the Evernote site. I love the pics, and often stop by to look at them. Thanks so much for sharing.

Your facility with the tablet, and the simple charm of the images has often made me think of picking one up just to play and sketch with it. Despite the anti-aliasing issues, your images really "work", and I can only imagine that the light weight, sunlight readability, and long battery life would make it very pleasant to do these rough sketches on.

Sometimes, the limitations of a device or form help lead a person to nice break throughs. I feel that way about the images you're producing with this. !! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.