One Note Virgin

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by natron20, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natron20

natron20 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've ordered my first tablet PC and it should arrive later this week. One of the things I am most looking forward to is using One Note to use during my nursing school lectures. My question is how helpful is One Note? Is the learning curve steep? Also, my professors post ppt slides for each lecture. Is it possible with one note to write notes on these ppt slides for reference?

I would also appreciate any tips or tricks anyone has to offer someone who is completely new to this whole concept of a tablet PC for note taking.....

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any insight to offer.

Kind regards,

2. dmlerner

dmlerner Scribbler - Standard Member

You can go in powerpoint and just say print. Then, you choose print to onenote. It puts images of the slides in onenote. Though onenote can do much more, straight when you open it, it acts like pen on paper. Be sure to hit fullscreen mode or it can feel to small, at least for me.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

If you never plan on printing your notes, you'll probably want to do your notes in continuous form instead of a fixed size like 8.5x11".

4. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

It's as helpful as a notebook, with the added benefit of searching(search for a word in any,or all, of your notebooks), copy & paste(and don't tell me you haven't wished at least once to be able to do it in a paper notebook, because I won't believe you), it's easier to organize(at least I see it so), import power point presentations, parts of a document,etc.(there are more but it's a long list, you'll find more from other posters or when you get the tablet and spend some time with it.
    It isn't hard at all. Just make a notebook or use one of the templates that OneNote includes(name it if you want)make a tab(or use the included ones), make a page, and start writting. If you need more space to write extend the page or make a new page(or subpage)

Yes, as dmlerner said. It is very easy.

... hold the pen over the screen(without touching it), press and hold the right-click button in the pen and move it around something to select it.

ps. It is a powerful tool but the same way having a graphical calculator doesn't make you better at Calculus if you don't study, having a tablet PC by itself won't make you get better grades by itself. Study hard.

5. natron20

natron20 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks everyone for the tips! I look forward to getting my hands on this stuff. Only a few more days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.