One Note, Evernote Tutorials

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by lovelaptops, Sep 17, 2014.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I am trying to teach my wife both One Note and Evernote sufficiently for her to determine which she feels comfortable with. We have tablets to support both and she is what I'd call an advanced beginner in terms of her general tech knowledge, but she has a great head for it and is a pretty quick learner. Her apps will be in education - primarily elementary. I turn out to be a pretty poor teacher :(. Can I get some suggestions (links appreciated) to some more comprehensive tutorial programs (don't mind paying) that you have direct experience with or know someone well who does? Thanks much.

PS: I couldn't find a sticky on this and didn't do too well searching for it - either on Google or on TPCR - but if this information (reasonably current) is in an existing thread, by all means, that's all I need.

Thanks again. Jeff

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

3. canative

canative Pen Pal - Newbie

4. lovelaptops

Thanks for those contributions. Coupla questions /observations:

1) I've found the MS tuttutorial are very short and surfacy (no pun intended)

2) the "Lynda" courses, as linked by canative, seem to be ine of the larger commercial (ie, not cheap!) training orgs; have others heard good things?

3) One org that my research led to is: https://app.vodeclic.com/en/account/signin. Ever heard of them? (I will demo their ON modules tonight and let y'all know.) FYI, they charge $10/mo "all you can consume!" first month free. I'll bet I learn things too I never knew!

Thanks,
    Jeff

5. jnjroach

6. lovelaptops

Looks really good, but not exactly "free" - $20 electronic version which = 3 mos. on Vodeclic, which have the advantage of not only being an online, narrated tutorial, but also enables you to do things as they explain them from within the tutorial. My wife, being a life-long educator, is more oriented to "training" modes than the "learn as you go" we do with tech stuff.

7. jnjroach

I meant I start with free as in my first set of suggestions :) I prefer the ebook personally as its with me....

8. lovelaptops

Got it, Jeff. My wife is liking the Vodeclic online tutorials (see above, free for 1st month), but I also bought the electronic copy of the book. ON is such a mainstay, I find I can't always get an quick answer to a question by googling.

Best, Jeff