One Mix Yoga 7 Inch with Stylus + Keyboard Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by kneehowguys, May 8, 2018.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I know what you mean, Orrin. I'm using the pen less and less. Glad the laptop is serving your needs. It's really a great device and has excellent battery life.

Best,
    Jeff

2. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You prefer a pocketable one mix yoga 7 to a phone + Bluetooth keyboard?

What situations?

Curious. Am the OP.

3. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

ok it´s been almost a month with my OMY, here goes my impressions after this time:

Yes I very much prefer the OnMix to a cell phone plus bluetooth, mainly because of the advantage of having the full Windows 10 OS and the flexibility of running the full office suite.

So basically muy use case is mainly as a digital notebook using OneNote, the pen experience I would give it a 7.5/10 I need to be conscious about touching the pen first before resting my palm otherwise it thinks I´m zoming in or out, once you get over that first step the inking experience is very much acceptable for note taking, I don't draw so I can't say how it would work for the artists in the forum. regarding the pen there is one thing that for me feels kind of "funny" and it is that the tip of the pen is able to move inwards to the pen body like if its mounted in a spring, I'm used to the microsoft pens and the Galaxy Book 10.6 pen and those don't have that springy feeling, but I guess it just takes some getting used to.

Regarding performance it definitely is far from a powerhorse, but for general tasks is fine I have had one note, outlook, excel and several chrome tabs open at the same time and it works perfectly fine. some times when I have a lot of things open it stops to "think or a second or two, but it´s nothing anoying at least for me. I think that the 8 gigs of RAm help a lot vs the 4 gigs in my S3 which is the closest comparable machine I have used.

Sometimes I have trouble waking it up and have to basically reset it, at first it happened a lot but as time goes by it happens less and less maybe once a week or so, maybe its because now I make sure I press the power button to make it go to sleep before closing the lid, I realized that sometimes the screen and Keyboard was still on even when the lid closed and this also caused the OneMix to heat up and the battery to run down.

The firs couple of weeks I did find it with the battery drained in the afternoon several times, I thin it wasn´t going to sleep when i closed the lid, this has been corrected now and I´m getting very good battery life, enough to get me through the day of note taking and light use. I would say it´s at least 6-7 hours of battery life. Last week I used it in a 3 and a half hour flight to watch video using VLC and Bluetooth headphones with the wifi turned off and when I landed I had like 65% battery left.

Overall I´m very pleased with this little computer, I have even played CIvVI on it on hte lowest settings and the experience is comparable with the experience of playing it in my Surface 3 or my Galaxy Book 10.6. off course the letters in he screen are very hard to read, but if you are a regular player you know where everything is.

I find it incredible that a computer that can do all this can fit in my jeans back pocket, I´m really impressed with it and i can give it a 8.5 / 10 my only gripes would be having USB-C charging and an M3 processor, once the OneMix Yoga 2 comes out with those two "issues" fixed I will definitely be upgrading.

Vinny

thierryb and kneehowguys like this.
  4. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wonder what kind of person this device is best for.

As I usually have a backpack with a laptop, I wonder if I would ever use something as cool as a 7 inch stylus yoga.

I guess someone who likes to walk around areas with wifi without a backpack? Like a park or mall with wifi? Maybe indoors because of brightness issues.
    Or someone who likes to jot down notes at the office and prefers not to hand carry a 13 inch 2 in 1?

5. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

In my case I usually carry my backpack with my work issued sp4 when I’m visiting customers, which I can also use for taking meeting notes but when I was carrying only one device there were times when I has to show something to the customer like a datasheet or a spreadsheet and then I was without anything to take notes, so having a 7-8 in tablet for taking notes exclusively in meetings is my use case, sometimes I don’t even take out the SP4 if not needed.

In a lot of places you have to register your laptop / big tablet , but the OneMix barely gets a y attention from security

Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk