on-screen keyboard popping

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by oferk, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oferk

oferk Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    When I click the on-screen keyboard, it almost always pops in and immediately disappears. I have to click it several times, until its stays put. Is it a software bug, or a problem with the button itself?

Thanks

2. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

I noticed that too.

But i cant replicate it at my will.

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One thing to note is how you are opening the TIP, if you open it by clicking on the floating icon on the side of the screen then it should stay up until you close it; however if you open it by clicking on the little pop-up icon that appears near input boxes or search/ address bars, file names and so on then by default it will disappear after you 'mouse over' something other than the TIP

5. oferk

oferk Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks,
    But what is TIP?
    I don't mean that the keyboard dissapears when I try to use it, but only when I open it with the hardware button. I have a feeling it is because of a hardware glitch, and the one click somehow registers as two fast clicks, so the keyboard appears and disappears.

6. kamikaze458

Sometimes i believe that too. But other time it works flawlessly so i really dont know what it is. We should pay attention to which programs we have opened when the deffect appears. I think iy you do a fresh restart and try playing with the button... it wont appear.

7. smslocum

smslocum Earnest Pilgrim

Happens to me too. I generally use the button next to power, so this is what I'm doing when it happens to me. I get grumpy about it.

In a pinch, if I put my finger on screen somewhere while I push the button, then the input panel stays, albeit in keyboard mode.

8. Pirohmaniac

Pirohmaniac Pen Pal - Newbie

It has something to do with the docked keyboard having to redraw the screen when it`s docked. Happens even if I`m just browsing a folder.
    If you bring up the keyboard, go to tools, docking, and choose float it should stop doing it but your windows won`t re-size to fit the keyboard, it`ll just float on top of them all.

9. kamikaze458

In my case it can happen even if the keyboard is set to "float".
    As i said, i cant replicate the path that leaves to this issue. It happens sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.