On my way to college looking for tablet pc

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by CollegeGuy, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollegeGuy

CollegeGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

That makes sense I have a lot to consider thank you guys so much for you're time and spreading the knowledge of computers & tablets I really appreciate it thank you all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

If you are going to choose between SP2 and ThinkPad Yoga then I would say go for SP2. In this case you should get SP2 with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. You will get 10% student discount in MS Store. This will certainly last for 4-5 years. This option is also certainly cheaper than counter part of Thinkpad Yoga with 8GB RAM, i5-4300U processor and 256GB SSD.

I was in a similar situation like you. I need more computational power so I went with Fujitsu T902. It is a really nice machine but the low level cyclic fan noise in a quiet room drives me crazy. I also tried ThinkPad Helix. Helix used to get very very very hot with normal activities like Web streaming etc. The right side of panel used to be very hot and left side of Helix was at room temperature. So it was very weird feeling when you use Helix in a tablet mode. Now Fujitsu T902 is with Service Center and I returned ThinkPad Helix.

I decided to keep my Lenovo Workstation W530 and buy a problem free tablet instead of convertible PC. So I did not considered Fujitsu tablet PC line as its all recent products are plagued with lot of problems. They are also very expensive. After lot of searching, I found that Surface Pro 2 is really nicely built machine. You can also have desktop experience with the list of accessories I suggested. I am really happy with Surface Pro 2. No Problem at all. On the other hand, TPY is also good concept but it has lot of issues like image retention (Lenovo has identified solution for this but you will need to replace screen for this), unable to wake up from sleeping mode and all other small issues. So I would again say buy a problem free tablet. You can just replace SP2 with SP1 in my first suggestion then you will have 10 hours battery life which is good enough for a normal day at the University and a desktop experience at the home.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. CollegeGuy

CollegeGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a bunch man I'm gonna go to the Windows store tmrw and check it out or I think it's the MS store not sure but I might make a purchase tmrw if I'm happy with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA Pen Pal - Newbie

Bro I would suggest you that don't get an android tablet , get a windows 8.1 (Not RT) tablet , Android is so main stream plus everything in android comes with mini version , for example Facebook is mini , twitter is mini (apps) , Skype is mini and games are of bad graphics , its because everybody do not have high end devices like note 3 or s4 , they have to design apps for almost every mobile device and tablet respectively ! If you get a windows 8 tablet , you will get different and better experience , you won't have to install apps for every website , they are 100% like desktop and load up everything like a real but portable pc , even in Dell venue 8 pro you can play desktop games like skyrim and battlefield 3 while you'll never get them on an android device , :) you can install psp,ds,gamecube etc emulators on it and you'll probably get better experience , Buy Dell venue 8 pro or Acer Iconia W4 or Lenovo miix 2 , best budget Windows 8.1 tablets , PC gaming!! Yay! , I like 8 inch tablets because 10 inches are too big as decreases portability , its only my opinion , hope it helped! :)

Sent from my LG-E900 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.