OmniCharge - An On-the-Go Power Bank

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Steve S, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

I stumbled across this earlier today while surfing, an external battery with high-amp (4.8 A!) USB ports and an AC plug (100 W or 65 W draw):

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...-powerbank?gclid=COzJ_cTA0c4CFZA1aQodW1cE5w#/

The company website is www.omnicharge.co The device comes in two capacities: 49 Wh (Omnicharge13) or 73 Wh (Omnicharge20). Based on the pictures and specs that would be 4 x 18650 or 6 x 18650 batteries, respectively. The batteries appear to be Panasonic, an excellent choice. I've asked for a little more information from OmniCharge and will report back if I find anything significant.

siddhartth, soh5 and Ed Hardy like this.
  2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Cool! Do you know if they will be including a 6.5/1.3mmm DC barrel compatible with the Z Canvas?

3. Steve S

<<...Do you know if they will be including a 6.5/1.3mmm DC barrel compatible with the Z Canvas?..>>

...They include a few barrel adapters, but they are for the USB cable that plugs into the USB ports; hence only 5 V. The OmniCharge only features USB ports and the one AC outlet (as far as I can tell). Thus, you would use your ZC's AC adapter if you were on the road...

Marty likes this.
  4. Steve S