OMG PANICKING! X200 vs. 2730P NEED TO MAKE DECISION TODAY!

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by jhylim, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhylim

jhylim Pen Pal - Newbie

I need to make the decision today!

I went from T2020 for the battery life, then refurb Dell XT for the price.
    But now I am in between 2730P and X200 because I found that ebay deals are unbelievably cheaper.

so questions:

1. is it safe to buy it from ebay?

2. I noticed that X200 has different lines.. like X200S, X200T, X200..
    I know X200S uses LV processor, but what's X200T?
    I am looking at X200 with P8400 or P8600 processor, but is that like a old model? Does it really chop down the battery life since it's not using LV processor? How long will I get with 4cell, 6cell, 8cell? What would be the weights?

3. I saw a ebay listing saying 9 cell battery with X200.. is there a such thing?

4. HP 2730P vs. Lenovo X200(with P8600), which one would you prefer?
    (just your opinion)

5. Which one has a longer battery life if they are both using 6cell?

Sorry for all the questions..
    but this is a big decision for me.. so please help!

Thanks bunch!

Sorry for so many

2. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

X200 has better battery life, and its more powerful, 2730p has better battery life with the slice, and its less powerful. If I had to choice, go with the X200.

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

X200t = Tablet PC model <- You're looking out for these models.
    X200 or X200s = Regular notebook model.

Yes, Lenovo makes it slightly difficult to differentiate between the models since they list both the notebook and TPC models as the same X-series model number, but separated by a different model letter. :)

That's probably for the notebook models. The X200T model comes with either a 4- or 8-cell main battery. The reply I made in your other thread, lists all available batteries for those listed models.

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

be careful, the Lenovo X200 and X200S are no tablet PC's. They are normal notebooks.
    Only the Lenovo X200 Tablet is a Tablet PC.

So both use the same pocessor (LV), the same chipset, ...

So they are similar. The only noticeable differences are that the HP has a chemical hardened glass cover and uses the slower and more expensive 1.8" SATA HDD. Both have a LED backlit display, whereas the Lenovo shall have a brighter display, as bright as the T2020.

Both tablets have a similar battery life, but it's difficult to compare their battery lifes, because I haven't found how much Wh their batteries have.

Regarding power consumption they should be identical. So with the same battery you shouldn't note a difference, because both have a LED backlit display and use the same hardware. The question is now how large are their 6cell batteries? Fujitsu uses high capacity cells, whereas other manufacturers often use cells with a lower capacity.

So the choice is difficult, but I would also go with the X200 Tablet without passive digitizer (I think they call it "multi-touch"), even if I don't like the look of the tablet. I would take it because of its superior keyboard, brighter display and 2.5" HDD.

5. jhylim

jhylim Pen Pal - Newbie

you guys saved my ass.. thanks..
    i almost bought a x200 (not tablet).. i feel stupid..

what would you say is the cheapest price i can get for x200t including refurb?

6. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Since the X200t is still fairly new, I'd say a refurbished unit will cost around $1000-1500.

I just checked Laptop Authority, and you get the X200t, bought new, as low as $1,379 w/Win XP TPC. I checked the Lenovo Oulet and the lowest priced X200t refurbished is $1,431.77 (at moment of writing).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.