omg k1ller appz!?DJ#OJG#(

Discussion in 'Asus' started by aboveliquidice, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakunin

Bakunin Pen Pal - Newbie

With everybody and their mother getting the r1e maybe would be a good idea to start a new thread:

What apps are a must in your tablet?

Share your list of tools you absolutelly must have in you laptop/tablet or cool wares you have found to be worthy of recommendations

cheers

2. collegy

collegy Pen Pal - Newbie

The Best Vista Sidebar gadgets:

Clipboardmanager - saves the last several copied texts so you won't lose them.
    InkDesktop - Writes post-it notes right on your desktop!
    AppLauncher - shortcut to your favorite apps in a little box on the side.
    Spheretime digital clock/alarm/calendar/counter

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Microsoft Office OneNote

It is one of the must-have applications if you own a Tablet PC.

4. lionfish42

lionfish42 Pen Pal - Newbie

This will be my first tablet, so I have been researching the apps that would be good to have.

I do a lot of work - math, formulas, diagrams, and note taking.

Of course I have not used any of these programs, however they are something I am interested in.

Onenote Seems like a great application for note taking and porting those notes to email, word, etc. It's a Microsoft product - so integration into Word, Outloook, etc seems to be fluid.

TEO 3.0The ability to use the tablet in Outlook seems very promising - for contacts, meetings, calendars. Found a several video reviews

PDF Annotator I download and read many PDFs. Also we have to sign business contracts. Out of all the PDF applications that incorporate the Tablet - this seems to be best. Another Video Review

TipX I do alot of Excel work, so being able to use it in Tablet forum seems like a welcome opportunity. Another video review (from those gottabemobile people - they seem to have a good grasp on applications).

I will be also looking for a good eBook reader - when the time comes and I can read a book.

Again, I have not owned a tablet and I am not familar with the applications above. I have only investigated and read (or watched) reviews of them.

I will probably giving them a try. However, if any one has any comments or suggestions - I am all ears (or eyes).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice Pen Pal - Newbie

I know someone already stated one note - but I am going to go beyond that and say all of Office 07 - and here is why.

INKING!!!!

It is WHY the tablet PC was made - have you ever typed your notes, printed them out, and then scribbled little tidbits of info in the margins??? Or have you ever printed out slides for a power point presentation, then wrote notes on it???

Now you can simply do it in the actual application itself. I am in pharmacy school - so I see all sorts of metabolic pathways and med chem structures - I use the felt tip pen to circle important structures, or write more specific notes in the margin. I also use the highligher in the EXACT same way I would on a print out or in a book - just highlighting what in the lecture slides (or even my own typed notes) whats important.

Other apps are useful for this or that - but the "why get a tablet" is answered with Office 07 - hahah - can you tell how much I like it?

~above~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.