Old convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Mooni_nooni, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm buying from a third world country using a shopping service to buy online from the US

2. Youngman2017

Youngman2017 Pen Pal - Newbie

Check out eplanetdeals.com. I got a really nice tablet and some other nice electronics from them. I'm in to pc gaming so I was in heaven on their site. Hope this helps.

Mooni_nooni likes this.
  3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Well that seller definitely checks out, and that's a good deal. I would throw another stick of 4 gig ram in there as soon as you can afford it and upgrade to SSD one day when you can afford that too and that thing will hopefully last you a long time. It's super easy and safe to upgrade yourself. You'd be hard pressed to find a better new unit than that at that price!

Mooni_nooni likes this.
  4. Mooni_nooni

That sounds great then! But how long you can estimate it's life? It looks great but its just that Intel 4000 keeps bugging me

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

That is its weakest link, and gaming/3D is not its strong point. What games are you hoping to play on it? Or 3D applications are you wanting to use? Zbrush is fine (CPU based), but Maya struggles for instance.

6. Mooni_nooni

Honestly I love to buy a t902 but my heart still burns to the fact I haven't played any 3D PC games in ages.
    My most basic example would be guilty gear xrd or elsword or overwatch. I don't care if I play in low fps as long as it doesn't jamm or lag.

I'm a 2D artist and I do 2D animation. I'm very keen to learn zbrush but I postponed that idea cuz its far beyond my budget.

7. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tried https://www.blender.org/features/ for 3D modelling and animation?

Mooni_nooni likes this.
  8. Mooni_nooni

I kind of considered it,I just want to sculpt some 3D art and I know zbrush is the way to go. Blender is the whole 3D package that feels intimidating to level 0 beginner ( I can't consider being level 1 even when I tried)

9. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

You can ignore all the other features and just concentrate on the modelling aspect. Once you have understood that you can try rigging and then move on to creating a scene, and finally put it all together. Just take your time, you will soon start to get a feel for it and you will naturally know when you need to explore other aspects of the program. There are some useful tutorials out there on Ytube and other resources, including the official Blender tutorial material in their store. Everyone starts at Zero!

Mooni_nooni likes this.
  10. Mooni_nooni

Until now I still haven't made my decision yet, every time I jump and say I'm going to buy the 't902' I remember its integrated graphics card. It still burns my heart again that I can't catch up with my games.
    I even tried to separate my needs. For example buying a cheap used t902 or x220t and buy a cheap gaming laptop but I end up spending the same amount of money.
    Also the service I use to purchase online canceled orders on laptops and mobiles and I have to use a more expensive service .. The horror !!!