OK, I'm sold. Now how do I buy one in the USA?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by Toasty_Ohs, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toasty_Ohs

Toasty_Ohs Pen Pal - Newbie

I was waiting and waiting for this device *Edit* (ea-800) to be released in the USA.

Now it looks like that is not going to happen. How to I go about securely purchasing one from the US?

Thanks.

2. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Ebay can be a good place to buy. Just search from US website and you'll find some. Just verify that they're good seller and that they have good feedback. Sadly, prices increase sometimes and it's not less than 250$ (US).

3. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

It's not released in the UK, so I got mine from an eBay seller called funnybom with an excellent rating who has sold hundreds/thousands of the EA800. A lot of people on this forum got theirs via eBay, it seems.

4. traumahawk

traumahawk Pen Pal - Newbie

there was none on ebay in the last 24 hours... but i just bought one off Amazon.it: elettronica, libri, musica, DVD e tanto altro (amazon italy). the lady i talked to on the phone for amazon.com said that it would be fulfilled and shipped, even to the US. cost a little more, 250 EUR, but ive wanted one for like a year, and now that taxes are back i am going to get it before i cant find it at all. I'll update with shipping times when it gets here (i live in NYS)

5. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Too bad...I was thinking about selling mine
    I am in Canada

6. Toasty_Ohs

What is the reasoning behind selling yours?

7. Toasty_Ohs

It is now at 280 euro, plus shipping. That is going to be about $370 US.

I have been looking on PChome Taiwan, my plan is to find someone who reads Taiwanese and get some help with the translation. Even google translate can't make much sense of the website.

8. traumahawk

I bought mine on amazon.it 3 days ago. Ups delivering today. Cost me 370.04 lol. Way more expensive than eBay was. And pricier than going through the Taiwan and China based sites, but I don't know how to read their language and navigate those sites.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

9. traumahawk

Amazon at least was identical layout to USA site, and I've wanted this thing for so long I wasn't going to risk not being able to find it again. I quit smoking and saved money for it and was not going to loose the chance to get it. They are widely available on sites like pc chrome and other Asian sites, but I'd rather spend the extra and know I actually ordered it correctly haha

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

10. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

I wanted to read PDFs on it.
    Hoped I could use it in landscape mode
    To my surprise in landscape mode the annotation tools (markers and pens) are not available.
    That is the only reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.