Official Toshiba statement on replacement TruPen tips

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by WillAdams, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Those long term goals works when economies are growing and profits come easy. Now they are run by upper middle aged guys concerned about their pensions.

Skickat från min SGP412 via Tapatalk

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

And there's a better official response here:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Encore-Tablets/Replacement-alternate-tips-for-TruePen/m-p/664244#M10328

>I've confirmed with Toshiba product marketing staff that there is every intention of making the replacement stylus tips available for Encore Write ASAP.

>The information previously quoted from an Amazon product review response is correct.

>Please note that Customer Service agents are not privy to product marketing plans, including how & when accessories are made available and when or if products are being discontinued. Unfortunately, the quoted customer service rep provided erroneous information.

3. Lana

Lana Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm glad to hear that, though the Amazon information wasn't completely correct. Seems like the product was delayed since the deadline did pass, but things happen. I wish they would have given an update when they couldn't meet the deadline, but oh well, the good thing is that hopefully pen tips will finally be sold.

It's unfortunate that the Toshiba marketing department and their tech/sales department don't seem to be coordinated though. Both statements about pen tips not being produced and the Encore Write being discontinued was explicitly told to me by several different CSRs, not just one. I even heard the discontinued statement when I called in about the Encore Write on another issue, completely unprompted. You can see why I was led to believe these things were true, though I'm so happy to find out they are not.

4. Lightfoot

Lightfoot Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess this is a waiting game, the tablet has been out for about eight months already. It would be really bad for anyone to buy one, wear out both nibs- and then have to wait for months for these possibly mythical nibs to be for sale.

At this rate, it's hard to guess when any extra nibs might be for sale and at what price. I think I'll obviously wait to see if they are ever for sale before buying one, although there might be other options introduced before then. It's too bad that Toshiba can't provide better support.

5. Lana

Lana Pen Pal - Newbie

L_E_O likes this.
  6. WillAdams

Unfortunately, the link for the tips doesn't work anymore --- however, the tips are identical to those used in the Wacom Bamboo Smart for 2-in-1 devices, so one should be able to get replacements from Wacom.

7. WillAdams

Except that I can't find a product listing for the replacement nibs.

Really annoyed that there's no TruPen alternative (for the Encore 2 Write line) and really wanting to go back to Wacom EMR --- seems my spare battery from my laptop bag is bad and the battery store doesn't open for hours yet --- this touchpad stuff is bogus, and pointing with a finger is bad enough --- can't get any real selection or other work done.

8. WillAdams

Okay, last bit of information on this:

- Toshiba is still selling "Toshiba TruPen Tips" 'cept they are carried by CDW, so one gets to pay their exorbitant shipping rates
    - there are two types of tips for the Wacom Bamboo Smart Stylus for Convertibles and Select 2-in-1 Devices --- grey (same as was used on the Toshiba TruPen) and black (which is the default on the Bamboo) --- the latter don't seem to work on a Toshiba TruPen on a Toshiba Encore 2 Write, triggering clicks / drags w/o any sort of contact.

Anyone have a Bamboo Smart and want to trade gray for black?