"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

2. mrjaiga

mrjaiga Pen Pal - Newbie

Ive recorded a video (sorry for shaky recording, was holding my phone) to capture the noise I'm talking about. Chrome is terrible on this laptop. Im playing one video on facebook and its really choppy, ill try to get another video of it shortly

Hoping to do a full review of this soon, I want to make sure I have the right setting before I give feedback

3. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

mrjaiga, I notice the same choppiness with videos and general sluggishness when I use firefox. When I switch to chrome (well, I'm actually using SRWare's Iron browser - it's chrome but with some privacy and security measures put in place) webpages load a bit snappier and videos play smoothly.

I think you said you just got yours... have you updated the BIOS? If you're using an older one there could be some performances tweaks you're missing...? Just a suggestion. I remember one of the BIOS updates pretty much got rid of the frequent high-pitch fan noise; the fan doesn't seem to need to kick in as often now.

Also, as a more general tip: I finally decided to mess with the windows screen calibration tool. I just ran it and dropped the gamma down about 3 notches, then kept the rest of the settings the same. I finished without messing with the truetype font settings. I think this helps the screen look a lot better.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

5. mrjaiga

mrjaiga Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine certainly seem to be at the lower end

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2216155

I see yours is running at 2.70 GHz but mine is running 2.1 GHz

Yes im running the latest bios 1.14

I will try the gamma , cheers

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Yeah, something's wrong there. Have you tried watching thermals (Realtemp is free and small) and logging speed with resource monitor while doing these tasks? I'd be curious to know if your CPU/GPU are throttling more than other machines or if it's a hardware issue.

7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

OpenHardwareMonitor can make a nice graph of the CPU frequency, power, and temperature when you're browsing Facebook or playing a YouTube video, neither of which should be sluggish or stuttering at 2.1GHz. Before contemplating about hardware failure I'd check the processor max state is set to 100% and the cooling policy set to active at the Power Settings.

8. mrjaiga

mrjaiga Pen Pal - Newbie

Ive got the same power settings enabled and the fan still kicks in every 2-3 minutes and goes crazy even when just browsing and the temp never get too high. Something is seriously wrong.

http://snag.gy/3ggE1.jpg

9. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

After doing a little investigating and playing around, it appears that the sound level of the T935 ss actually the same as the T904. What is boosting the sound is something called, Dolby Digital Plus. When it's off, it sounds almost like the regular T904 level. I don't have my T904 anymore, but I wonder if those with a T904, will it increase the volume.

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Downl...wareGUID=D2C5B2F3-0F78-45A8-941E-C30A19CD5761

The link I sent is the Windows 8.1 drivers. There should be a folder DS1 (Dolby Digital Plus). I don't know if it will work, but hopefully that helps. It's so nice to have "decent" speaker volume now.

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

T904 has Realtek HD Audio software preinstalled with "DTS Boost", it changes the loudness curve but distorts the sound even more.

A bit of a surprise, after a year with the T904 I found out I can put it in tablet mode and turn it display-down and shake it to get rid of the sand and debris that collect under the keyboard. Finally I won't have any more surprise scratches on the display from keyboard sand.

Precurve likes this.