"Official" T904 Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SF6, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

Cool test.
    Here are my results with multiple monitors open, multiple apps, and antivirus running
    Sunspider-run-1.gif

CompTech and mrjaiga like this.
  2. mrjaiga

mrjaiga Pen Pal - Newbie

Results below, had 2 tabs open (this thread and the test) power mode on high performance.

The power mode was on eco as you suspected, changing to high performance hasnt made that much difference although running the same test in eco is get a total of 900+ms so it must make some difference.

I didnt think my i5 2500k would seem a lot snappier, its a few years old now, guess im just expecting too muh from the ULV cores

I wonder how the CC2 would compare...

============================================
    RESULTS (means and 95% confidence intervals)
    --------------------------------------------
    Total: 272.9ms +/- 13.7%
    --------------------------------------------

3d: 47.6ms +/- 14.7%
    cube: 14.3ms +/- 21.7%
    morph: 19.0ms +/- 17.6%
    raytrace: 14.3ms +/- 17.2%

access: 25.1ms +/- 21.6%
    binary-trees: 3.3ms +/- 32.4%
    fannkuch: 10.8ms +/- 21.8%
    nbody: 5.7ms +/- 23.7%
    nsieve: 5.3ms +/- 31.2%

bitops: 18.7ms +/- 21.6%
    3bit-bits-in-byte: 2.8ms +/- 20.1%
    bits-in-byte: 5.5ms +/- 21.4%
    bitwise-and: 4.3ms +/- 29.4%
    nsieve-bits: 6.1ms +/- 24.4%

controlflow: 2.7ms +/- 25.1%
    recursive: 2.7ms +/- 25.1%

crypto: 24.7ms +/- 24.1%
    aes: 8.5ms +/- 22.2%
    md5: 8.0ms +/- 24.9%
    sha1: 8.2ms +/- 29.3%

date: 24.9ms +/- 20.0%
    format-tofte: 12.1ms +/- 21.3%
    format-xparb: 12.8ms +/- 22.0%

math: 26.3ms +/- 21.7%
    cordic: 5.2ms +/- 35.4%
    partial-sums: 16.3ms +/- 18.4%
    spectral-norm: 4.8ms +/- 28.8%

regexp: 8.3ms +/- 20.3%
    dna: 8.3ms +/- 20.3%

string: 94.6ms +/- 19.4%
    base64: 9.0ms +/- 27.0%
    fasta: 20.9ms +/- 19.9%
    tagcloud: 26.1ms +/- 20.3%
    unpack-code: 24.6ms +/- 21.5%
    validate-input: 14.0ms +/- 19.1%

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Cintiq Companion 2 i7-4558U is about the same in single-core performance, 15% better in multi-core performance, and probably 20% better in graphics performance, but its main attractions are the pen technology, display quality, and special features. The T904 is definitely an office machine while the Companion 2 is a graphics tablet in heart and soul.

Chrome SunSpider resuts are around 270ms while Firefox results are around 170ms, that would explain our different results.

These are my performance tweaks:
    - Power plan settings:
    Wireless adapter setting: Maximum performance
    Intel Graphics: Maximum performance
    Processor power management: System cooling: Active
    Processor power management: Maximum processor state: 100%​
    - Use Fujitsu DeskUpdate and Windows Update for the latest drivers and fixes
    - Uninstall Fujitsu Display Manager, Mobility Center Add-On, Power Saving Utility, Plugfree Network, Function Manager, and Shock Sensor Utility
    - Use the comparatively light Windows Defender virus scanner
    - BIOS: disable Fast Boot and Intel Rapid Start. Boot speed without them is around 15 seconds, lowering it to 5 seconds is great but it often comes at the expense of Windows instability.

4. Precurve

And for comparison here is a 2014 Mac Mini quad core i7 with 16gb. Normally I don't notice the mac being that much faster than the t904 at accomplishing day-to-day tasks but the countdown on the performance test for sure was snappier to the human eye.
    macminiPerf.jpg

5. IVLIVSCAESAR

IVLIVSCAESAR Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey,

I got a question for anyone who had that issue with the screen bugging out when it is moved.

My T904 has that issue but it only happened when I installed a Samsung 850 250gb SSD. When I put the original HDD back in the screen worked again. I then put the SSD back in and it worked for a week but started bugging out again. I put the HDD back in once again and once again the screen works.

To my question: did anyone have their screen bug out when moving it with the original HDD installed? I plan on giving it some time with the HDD in to see what happens but I'm worried about how long this thing will last even if I get it fixed.

6. kirbyofthestars

kirbyofthestars Pen Pal - Newbie

@IVLIVSCAESAR If you're talking about the issue c-le-prof posted a picture of in post #895 -- when I called up Fujitsu they told me that it was a known issue with the LCD wires not being seated properly. Don't know that the HDD would have anything to do with it. Back before I got it repaired, I tried pinpointing a cause to the issue; being convinced that it had to do with the rotation sensors going whack, I tried uninstalling all auto-rotate utilities and got programs to do it manually for me. I would think that I had fixed it only for the issue to occur again at the least convenient times. The good news is that I've had my machine back from the repair center for two months now, and the issue (nor anything like it) hasn't popped up since.

7. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an SSD drive in mine, so I can't speak to your question concerning an HDD. However, I can say that since sending in my laptop and having it returned to me, the screen hasn't glitched out at all. The problem has completely gone away. I think they know how to fix this now. And before sending in the laptop, the screen would bug out pretty often, gradually increasing in frequency over time. So I'd suggest to just send it in. It gets pretty frustrating when it randomly shuts down on you like that.

I've had mine back now since early January and I haven't had a single issue with it. Hope this helps!

8. aaa

aaa Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey would you mind providing a link to the case opening tutorial? I want to replace my hdd with an SSD but I don't want to mess up those hooks!

Many thanks!

9. Precurve

This is Deanwu's original post that was helpful to me.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/official-t904-thread.61570/page-5#post-381992

Here's some additional pix I took during my first case opening
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/official-t904-thread.61570/page-31#post-392962

I can't emphasize enough the importance of having the right computer tools (micro screw drivers, tweezers, etc) and some patience. Take your time. Also helps if you have done lots of computer surgery or are a product designer/engineer and understand a bit about modern plastic assemblies. If none of those describe you then I would recommend you not try it. Its not that hard its just fairly unforgiving and its an expensive device.

10. mrjaiga

mrjaiga Pen Pal - Newbie

This thing is still slowwwww!

I can't watch youtube with many tabs open at the same time. Scrolling down on facebook it starts to really slow down.

Drawing in photoshop is not that responsive and quite laggy.

This is with the high performance power setting